Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First id like to ask what are the differences between the CX and the CXL models and are these sights worth the price of admission? and then how do they stack up to the MBG ambush ascent sight

which is a better sight all around for targets indoor and outdoor/3D shoots? what is your personal preference and why do you hold that preference? (im looking to get as specific as you can please ive looked through the threads and havent seen anything that really specifically gets into why people like one over the other i see a bunch of opinions and a bunch of fan boy posts that are extremely biased for nothing more then just because they like one and not the other with no meat on the bones really).

id really like some info on which is the best sight of those listed (or if you have some other opinions to add on other brands id be interested in hearing about them if you wouldnt mind answering my questions first then add the other brand and your thoughts on why it is superior to the ones i listed.)

thanks for any input you have and i hope that this thread might be of help to some people looking at these same sights or might have similar questions.

cheers to getting a good set of replies and making this a great and informative thread.

·
Shoot-Through
2,095 Posts
For what its worth (being a Sure-Loc guy) the Achieve sight is an unbelievable piece of craftsmanship. The sight is built like a tank and clicks are positive, smooth and crisp. The machine work really is second to none considering it is a mass produced item. The integration of the Acxel scope mount is also a pretty neat feature that looks and functions really well.

CX and CXL - only difference is a locking feature (CXL) which locks the head so adjustments cannot be made by accident (or on purpose in some cases).

I shoot with a guy that has the MBG sight and while the price is right, the quality compared to the Axcel doesnt stack up. I am in no way saying the sight is junk... just saying that side by side the Axcel cant be beat. I will say that the individual I am talking about likes his sight very much and fits with his shooting style and goals.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply Altec sounds like the boys over at TRUball are doing a great job then. and thanks for the clearing up of the CX and CXL it wasnt really clear to me on the site.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
just sold my ax-3000 for the new achieve cxl cant wait to get it

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
I have the Achieve -- it's worth the money. Noticeably lighter than other sights in the same category.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seems like im going to go that way, but it doesnt seem there are any sellers here on AT anyone able to recommend a seller?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sneezy,

The Achieve CX and CXL sights are impeccable and innovative designs. These sights are extremely light weight (You can call for the exact weight of whatever configuration you are looking at: 6" bar, 9" bar, Mathews Dampener or None, CX or CXL). The tension is adjustable on the quick slide button (it is located on the front so it is easier to move). There is automatic gib tension, located on the front to help with the front-to-back movement of a sight when viewed in slow motion videos. There are only 2 screws on the sight. The Elevation is .00156 per click while the travel per revolution is 1/32". The Windage is .00156" per click and 1/32" travel per revolution. Also, there is ability to set 2nd and 3rd axis, and quick removable blocks that can be used to change out scope options while still keeping the settings of the 2nd/3rd axis leveling. (For cosmetics, there are many color choices available.)

There is another feature for the CXL (with Lock) that can be used that was not mentioned. The Lock can be half-way engaged to act as another tension adjustment for the quick slide.

Not to mention, at the ATA Show, we heard from numerous Dealers and Distributors alike all across the globe that the AXCEL Achieve is the Best Choice, and by far, the most interesting product introduced at the Show-2013.

www.axcelsights.com

Call if you have any further questions! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sneezy,

The Achieve CX and CXL sights are impeccable and innovative designs. These sights are extremely light weight (You can call for the exact weight of whatever configuration you are looking at: 6" bar, 9" bar, Mathews Dampener or None, CX or CXL). The tension is adjustable on the quick slide button (it is located on the front so it is easier to move). There is automatic gib tension, located on the front to help with the front-to-back movement of a sight when viewed in slow motion videos. There are only 2 screws on the sight. The Elevation is .00156 per click while the travel per revolution is 1/32". The Windage is .00156" per click and 1/32" travel per revolution. Also, there is ability to set 2nd and 3rd axis, and quick removable blocks that can be used to change out scope options while still keeping the settings of the 2nd/3rd axis leveling. (For cosmetics, there are many color choices available.)

There is another feature for the CXL (with Lock) that can be used that was not mentioned. The Lock can be half-way engaged to act as another tension adjustment for the quick slide.

Not to mention, at the ATA Show, we heard from numerous Dealers and Distributors alike all across the globe that the AXCEL Achieve is the Best Choice, and by far, the most interesting product introduced at the Show-2013.

www.axcelsights.com

Call if you have any further questions! Thanks!
thanks for the info. i think i am going to go this route.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts