Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a axcell armortch sight r these any good . I was just wondering because I keep seeing these sights for sale at almost half price or less after people had theme a week any info about this would be helpfull

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
best along with spotthogg you cant beat either one of these sight

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
best along with spotthogg you cant beat either one of these sight
Great sight forsure sold one and traded one to go back to spott hogg sights. I just like the spott hogg better.( i like the wire on the spott hogg better thats it)

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
The only issues I have ever had is the thumb screw lock downs need the allen wrench to snug them up or they can make a little hum. Once I get my pins set I tighten down the screws with allen wrenches and its done. Best sight I have ever used on my hunting rig!!! Tough and simple setup!

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
they are o.k. but not worth the money look elsewhere first ... their customer service is very poor . at least thats been my experience with them...

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
They are great sights, If I shot multiple pins it is what I would use but I am hha guy. I have a brand new armortech hd for sell in the classifieds.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm shooting two now. Great site. Very durable.

TwoFeet

·
Registered
859 Posts
super bright pins. love mine

·
Registered
703 Posts
Loved mine, I just went to single pin slider sights.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
The only issues I have ever had is the thumb screw lock downs need the allen wrench to snug them up or they can make a little hum. Once I get my pins set I tighten down the screws with allen wrenches and its done. Best sight I have ever used on my hunting rig!!! Tough and simple setup!
I have seen ONE that was like this. I was wondering why it rattled and then I found that I couldn't tighten it enough with my fingers. I work on tons of bows and this was the only one like that, that I've seen. Send it back!

they are o.k. but not worth the money look elsewhere first ... their customer service is very poor . at least thats been my experience with them...
This is NOT our experience at all! Every time that we've ever had to send one back (maybe twice?), they've just sent out a new sight to replace it! We sent one back that we weren't sure if the owner screwed it up messing with it...they still replaced it. And it gets back inside of two weeks...and we're on the Left coast!

I've had one for about 2 years and it's on my third bow...LOVE IT! Built like a tank...it is heavy though. If you want a light weight sight, the Armortech may not be for you. Also...the ones that we've had issues with, were the non HD sights without the harmonic dampener.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I've had Spot Hogg, Truball and Sure Loc. I sold the Truball and Spott Hogg. I still have the Sure Loc Lethal Weapon as it has far superior pin adjustments, but I'm hunting with my Apex Bone Collector. Just as tough as any other sight I've owned and no problems, not even minor ones. I didn't like the crude pin micro adjust on the Spot Hogg. I didn't like having to tighten down the wing nut with an Allen wrench on the Armour Tech. These issues are minor but unacceptable to me for a sight in this price range. The Apex Bone Collector and Truglo Micro Bright are nearly the same. They don't have second axis adjustment or micro adjust on individual pins but are half the cost. I do miss the micro adjust on the Armour Tech pins, but I don't miss the second axis adjustment because I haven't needed it. It lined up perfectly on both bows I've had it on. It does have 3rd axis adjustment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts