Archery Talk Forum banner

Axion GLZ Silencer color?

744 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Dale_B1
I have a Z7 with everything in lost camo color. The problem I have is that my Axion GLZ doesn't seem to quite match the color right. It is almost a little too much green tint to it rather than brown. Anyone else with this silencer in Lost Camo notice its a little off on the color, or do I just have a badly colored one? Thanks.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
55,457 Posts
LOL ever think these different companies use different places for painting and dipping????? They may have a license to use a specific color pattern but that doesn't mean they all come out the exact color tone, or pattern. Even from one to the next they can be slightly different in the same product line. Guarantee that the game animal won't laugh at you if it is slightly off.
Like was said sounds like you got one in AP instead of Lost Camo.

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the pattern is the same and the package was checked as Lost Camo. You would think these companies would put some effort into exactly matching the paint color to their target market. Obviously the GLZ is intended for the Z7 with its "waffle" riser. Couldn't they have just taken a stock Z7 and compared the color until they got it right? oh well.

I'm sure the animals wont care what it looks like, but lets admit it, everyone wants their bow to look nice. Everything else matches perfectly and this just kinda stands out.

· Registered
55,457 Posts
If you understand the process of how they apply the color you would also understand that even in the bows the pattern/tone can vary some. Can they get it close sure----exact every time-------nope.
As far as the wrong pattern getting into the wrong package-----it happens I see it often-----not a lot but often.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.