Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice a difference with axis durability? I bought 6 axis 340 spine,.300, about 3 weeks ago. 4 of them have been busted from hitting too close together. Previously the only way I’ve ever broken an axis arrow was shooting into the dirt or busting the nock so that the carbon split. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience lately

· Registered
2,330 Posts
Anyone notice a difference with axis durability? I bought 6 axis 340 spine,.300, about 3 weeks ago. 4 of them have been busted from hitting too close together. Previously the only way I’ve ever broken an axis arrow was shooting into the dirt or busting the nock so that the carbon split. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience lately
that's weird, I have tested them a ton and they are amazing in my opinion and I have broken very few

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's weird, I have tested them a ton and they are amazing in my opinion and I have broken very few
I've been shooting them for over a year, and I've always been really impressed. It's possible this is just a coincidence, but to have four arrows go so quickly was just surprising. I slap arrows all the time. This is the first time that arrow slapping has caused cracking noises coming from my arrow when I flex them. And like I said, Ive only had them for 3 weeks.

· Registered
11,913 Posts
Any arrows you slam together will break, do not shoot "groups" get some 5 spot targets.

· Registered
685 Posts
I just got a dozen .260 spine for my new bow and took them on a hog hunt and was very impressed with the durability. Pass throughs on all 3 shot, 1 of which stuck in tree 5 yards beyond the point of impact and another stuck in a tree root and the hog actually fell on it. Other than a broken nocturnal and 2 lost broadreads all 3 are good to go again.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.