Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is going to Hawaii on vacation next year (June) and would like to go Axis deer hunting while he's there. Can anyone recommend an outfitter or give a little feedback on this?
Thanks!

Lien2

·
Registered
535 Posts
In june, private land on Maui will be the only option for Axis.
If he isnt going to Maui and wants a hunt PM me, and Ill help if I can.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In june, private land on Maui will be the only option for Axis.
If he isnt going to Maui and wants a hunt PM me, and Ill help if I can.
Yes, they are going to Maui.
Looking for a reputable outfitter.

Lien2

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Arrow one is the only one I know of .

I sell tons of Broadheads to Hawaii

If you don't hit rock on the first shot you are lucky ! :smile:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I used Arrow One Ranch in Maui. Great time! I believe the website is mauideerhunting. Jeff was my guide.
+100, but it's high fence, if that matters to you. I hunted there around 2004 and was lucky to get a nice mouflon and axis - I really shouldn't have gotten an axis but an 11th hour short one man deer drive was the difference. In two and a half days of hunting, I only saw about 6 axis deer, two of which presented shots - it's pretty gnarly, brushy country.

Pic of the mouflon below.

I have also hunted with Steve Gelakoski on Lanai and was lucky to get a axis doe - some of the island is rugged and the deer are very, very wild.

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
They could easily island hop or ferry to Lanai, Steve Gelakoski is an awesome guide and has some great ground, lot's of game but still tough to hunt. I think he was under Palawai Outfitters on lanai.

Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They could easily island hop or ferry to Lanai, Steve Gelakoski is an awesome guide and has some great ground, lot's of game but still tough to hunt. I think he was under Palawai Outfitters on lanai.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Yes it does!
Thanks.

Lien2

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Does sitka make "grass skirt" camo John?

Ha!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Being a bit intriged by WWII history, this thread is confusing to me. :darkbeer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts