Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What nock do all you AXIS shooters prefer..... Easton X nock, Bohning A nock or another type/brand?

Why do prefer one over the other?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Have never used any other nock than the X nock and have never had any issues with them. I have been shooting Axis since they were introduced.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
Have never used any other nock than the X nock and have never had any issues with them. I have been shooting Axis since they were introduced.

Do you use the broadhead adapter ring?

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,816 Posts
What Bonehed said....I've been shooting Axis for a long time....Easton designed a great shaft (as always), and I've always trusted them to design great nocks to go with them.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Do you use the broadhead adapter ring?
It will save the end of your arrows from cracking or splintering when you hit something hard. I use them on mine. Even shoot mine with field tips because I use them for hunting so might as well keep it the same and save the end of my arrows just in case!!

·
Registered
24,137 Posts

Same here.....X nocks are excellent.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
X-nocks only. I also found stainless half-outs that weigh 49 grains to up my FOC and protect the end of my arrow shafts.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,535 Posts
Absolutely no question the best is the Beiter insert nock. You can get them from Lancasters - you'll want the insert nock size 5.19/2.

Personally I think the X nock is the worst nock easton has ever produced. But even if you disagree, the Beiter nocks blow them out of the water so if you want the best shoot Beiter. If you want to settle I'm sure the others are serviceable.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Easton X nocks work fine, but they don't light up, so
Nocturnal X nocks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
X nocks and yes I do use the BAR - Broad Head Adapter rings. Usually am shooting was Jak-Hammers and the rings make a nice smooth transition add support to the broad head retaining ring when the blades slam back against it. Plus they probably do add some strength to the end of the carbon shaft. This combo has worked very well for me an my son and daughter since the Axis came out.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Beiter nocks. Try them if you haven't. I couldn't get rid of my X nocks fast enough after I shot the Beiter nocks. Nocking an X nock feels like you are clamping vise grips on your string.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Beiter nocks. Try them if you haven't. I couldn't get rid of my X nocks fast enough after I shot the Beiter nocks. Nocking an X nock feels like you are clamping vise grips on your string.
Lancaster the best source for the Beiter nocks?

Also..... anyone using the Bihning A nock on the Axis?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Beiter nocks

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,535 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts