Archery Talk Forum banner

Please select the axle to axle length you prefer for hunting.

• 30" & under

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • 31" - 33"

Votes: 56 41.2%
  • 34" - 36"

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • 37" & up

Votes: 11 8.1%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I've seen a poll on preferred axle to axle lengths for hunting. Just curious what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in the 34-35" length. Nothing against shorter bows, I find that around 35" is the most comfortable for me and I like to hunt and shoot 3D with the same bow.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I live in the west and don't do much tree stand hunting, it's almost all spot and stalk with longer shots. 35" all day long!! Short axles are no Bueno out here lol!!!

·
BowhunterT100
6,623 Posts
33-34 is my favorite

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
33-35"

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Mine is 34", only cause I could not find a longer one that I liked better.
I hunt tree stands, ground blinds and some spot and stalk.
Never could figure out why some guys think you need a short ata to hunt out of tree stands and ground blinds.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I live in the west and don't do much tree stand hunting, it's almost all spot and stalk with longer shots. 35" all day long!! Short axles are no Bueno out here lol!!!
Great point! I too live and hunt out west where shots tend to be a little further.

·
Backstrap Assassin
654 Posts
32-ish. Tried 35" a year or two. It was okay but a tad long. I'm mostly a stand hunter

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine is 34", only cause I could not find a longer one that I liked better.
I hunt tree stands, ground blinds and some spot and stalk.
Never could figure out why some guys think you need a short ata to hunt out of tree stands and ground blinds.
Thanks for your response. I don't get why people get so hung up on short ATA for stands and blinds either.

·
Strictly Public Land
12,307 Posts
None of your options. 33-35 inches seems to be a sweet spot.

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
30-32" ata are what i use,I prefer 30" ata for hunting..I really do not like longer bows for hunting...the short ata fit me better and i only use what i like and prefer...I have shot and owned everything the last decade from 26" to 38" ata...Grizz

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
30" carbon spider for the tree stand or ground blind 34 carbon matrix for 3D

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
31-33" main bows are a PSE Evolve 31 and Bowtech Allegiance. Although I don't really have a reason I wouldn't hunt with a 35" just never had many bows in that range.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts