Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AZ and CA Duel in the Desert Trials and Duel!

A southwestern USA FITA season highlight is the Arizona and California Duel in the Desert Trials (two separate trials, one in Arizona and one in California) in early October followed this year by the 2005 Duel in the Desert in Long Beach, CA in early September.
All are two day FITA, open tournaments, with guest more than welcome.

The Arizona Duel in the Desert Trials takes place on October 1-2, 2005 at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility.
It is a Star FITA and open to all.
JOAD divisions and collegiate results are offered.
Here is the link to the registration page: http://www.azarchery.com/forms/2005DuelTrialsReg.pdf

The “Arizona Duel Trials” selects an Arizona team that competes in the Duel in the Desert.
AZ and CA alternate as Duel in the Desert tournament host every year.

Information about the 2005 California Duel Trials and 2005 Duel in the Desert can be found here: http://www.calarchery.com/

·
Banned
664 Posts
Come One... Come ALL

As one of the of the tournament directors, I can say that the Welcome Mat definately extends to all! Only AZ folks can make the Duel Team, but we would love to have participants in every adult and JOAD division.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Date Correction

Hey Bob,

The Dual in the Desert wil be held at El Dorado Park, Long Beach, California 5-6 November 2005. For those not involved in the Duel team competition and would like to shoot. Please come and join us. The Tournament is a two day STAR FITA. and competition is open to everyone!

You may register online at www.calarchery.org click on tournaments then Onlin registration select Duel in the desert.

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Gary

·
Banned
664 Posts
2005 Duel in the Desert Registration

Gary,

I can not make the link for the 2005 Duel hard copy registration work yet... so a couple of questions:

1) When do exect that the pdf version of the registration will be available?
2) What is the cost of registration for those who are not on the AZ or CA Duel team (I don' see this on the online reg version)?
3) Will there be a collegiate division?

KJ

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DUEL in NOVEMBER

coach1 said:
Hey Bob,

The Dual in the Desert wil be held at El Dorado Park, Long Beach, California 5-6 November 2005. For those not involved in the Duel team competition and would like to shoot. Please come and join us. The Tournament is a two day STAR FITA. and competition is open to everyone!

You may register online at www.calarchery.org click on tournaments then Onlin registration select Duel in the desert.

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Gary
Sorry for the wrong month for the Duel.
The DUEL is in early November!
The Trials are in early October.
Sorry for the mistake.
August September OCTOBER NOVEMBER

·
Registered
238 Posts
sundevilarchery said:
Gary,

I can not make the link for the 2005 Duel hard copy registration work yet... so a couple of questions:

1) When do exect that the pdf version of the registration will be available?
2) What is the cost of registration for those who are not on the AZ or CA Duel team (I don' see this on the online reg version)?
3) Will there be a collegiate division?

KJ

KJ

I sent a message to the SAC Webmaster and the registration form should be online in a day or two.

I am not sure but I believe that non team member registration is $35.00 however there was some discussion of changing this and I cannot remember what the final decision was.

the online registration does not include a collegiate category. I sent an email to the Tournament Director for clarification.

Gary

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I am seriously thinking about trying a full FITA for the first time, Barebow Recurve...if I can only figure out where to hold on the background for 90m (LOL).

Am I correct in interpreting the posted schedule as meaning we shoot 90m & 70m on Saturday, then 50m & 30m on Sunday?

Dave

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Dave T said:
I am seriously thinking about trying a full FITA for the first time, Barebow Recurve...if I can only figure out where to hold on the background for 90m (LOL).

Am I correct in interpreting the posted schedule as meaning we shoot 90m & 70m on Saturday, then 50m & 30m on Sunday?

Dave

That is correct.

·
Banned
664 Posts
Thanks for the clarification

coach1 said:
I sent a message to the SAC Webmaster and the registration form should be online in a day or two.

I am not sure but I believe that non team member registration is $35.00 however there was some discussion of changing this and I cannot remember what the final decision was.

the online registration does not include a collegiate category. I sent an email to the Tournament Director for clarification.

Gary

Gary,

Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep checking th website and most likely, we'll see you guys in November.

KJ

·
Registered
238 Posts
KJ,

Collegiate division is offered at all SAC shoots. We are in the process of addressing the registration issue. If for some reason you are unable to register as collegiate. Please register in the senior / adult class (junior if appropriate) and we will fix it Saturday morning.

Gary

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New Mexicans

nmnimrod said:
Hey Bob-

Does the welcome mat extend to non-Arizonans too? Thx.

Buster Breitenbach
Buster,
There are a lot of New Mexicans that may want to consider competing in the AZ Duel Trials in Phoenix and the Duel in the Desert in Longbeach.
The weather is usually nice at both tournaments and its nice to keep shooting outdoors.

I would like to see more "regional" shoots. A team from Mexico has expressed interest in a Duel like team competiton.
Perhaps someday the 4 corners states team could take on Northern Mexico Mexico states team.

·
Banned
664 Posts
coach1 said:
KJ,

Collegiate division is offered at all SAC shoots. We are in the process of addressing the registration issue. If for some reason you are unable to register as collegiate. Please register in the senior / adult class (junior if appropriate) and we will fix it Saturday morning.

Gary

Thanks... ASU will be there.

·
Banned
664 Posts
Duel and Duel Trials Registrations

The California Duel Trials and the actual Duel registration can be found at:

http://www.calarchery.com/forms/forms_index.htm

The AZ Duel trials registration can be found at:

www.sundevilarchery.com

FYI - the Women's recurve division for the AZ Duel trials is really shaping up! We have some top shooters from around the country who will be joining us for this Star FITA event. I guess they believe what we in AZ already know... the weather here in October is IDEAL for shooting!

KJ
Sun Devil Archery at ASU

1 - 16 of 16 Posts