Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody get drawn? My family was 0 for 6 :mad::mad::mad::mad:

We all put in for less quality hunts with higher draw rates, and still struck out.

Last year we got 3 elk tags and filled them all (2 bulls, and a cow).

How'd ya' all do??

carter

·
Registered
871 Posts
5 out of 6 at are shop....
6AW 3 points

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For those of us who struck out

Maybe we should make an AT First Annual Draw-Losers Archery Event for deer? Gather up 10 or so, and go to unit 27 or other good area for deer. Anybody up for it? I've got a decent sized RV that could house 2 others...

Also thinking about bear in 22north.

Carter

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So...

anyone want to assemble a hunting party for AT'ers??

I'll organize if a few of you want to commit!

Carter

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got a 26 ft camper

but no extra atv's :mad:
Mulies or Coues?
Where at?

I've got some thoughts, but I'm open to suggestions. I really thinking that a combined bear and deer hunt would be really cool, and I know some areas.

Let's get'er done!

Carter

·
Registered
46 Posts
i would prefer muleys! but a deer/bear hunt would be awsome!!! Where.. well i have a few ideas for mlueys but dont know much about bear. When would you want to set something up? also i have a yamaha rhino.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awwl right

Lets see how many others want to go, and we'll evaluate options. Up in 22North there are some areas that would be excellent for both deer and bear. It's up by Payson...

There are nice muleys behind Pinedale/Claysprings. Unit 3-c

Really nice deer down on the Blue (unit 27), but I don't know that area as well.

I'm thinking the early September hunt...

What are you thinking??

Anyone else?

Carter

·
Registered
822 Posts
im going to the kaibab this september but i didnt know they had the season dates out yet or the draw. they told me the regulations dont get figured out until may! whats going on???

·
Registered
46 Posts
the strip might be a draw this year! also.. carter, we need to go shooting some time soon and talk, Im a huge sioux fan! I went to und my freshman year!

·
Registered
24 Posts
O Points

Unit 1 Archery Bull Tag 2008.....had success last year, tagged a nice 6x6 herd bull from Unit 1 :wink: I must be living right.

·
Registered
24 Posts
O Points

Unit 1 Archery Bull Tag 2008.....had success last year, tagged a nice 6x6 herd bull from Unit 1 :wink: I must be living right.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow,

Thats just WRONG!! 3% draw rate on that??? I put for the late hunt 22north, with a likely 60% plus draw rate, and we were 0 for 3 (the other strikeouts were archery antelope).

I know where there is a 400 plus bull in unit 1, if it made it through winter without getting killed on the highway. Assuming I don't personally know anyone else who gets drawn, I'll see what I can do to find out if it is still there!

Carter

1 - 20 of 30 Posts