Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why is this shoot so early? March 31-April 3rd?????????????

It is only 2 weeks after NAA indoor nationals which are held from March 5th -14. Don't they realize there is still snow in the noth, and VERY hard to get signt settings and practice outdoors?

Also, the NFAA Indoor conflicts with many NAA indoor shoots. What are these people thinking?????

·
Registered
642 Posts
There's no snow in Texas :rolleyes:

And it's "UP NORT" not noth :p

I can't shoot NAA Indoors anyway cuz I don't have blue slacks :rolleyes:

·
Banned
736 Posts
Maybe it’s the temperatures? Much later in Phoenix Arizona it gets into and stays in the 100’s. A couple years ago at the AZ Cup it was 103 F. while snowing just a few hundred miles north in Colorado all the way up to Canada. Most of the people I talked to from the cold country enjoy our heat but if it was held any later it would be too hot and they wouldn’t show.

I kind of think of the AZ Cup as the season kick off for FITA, after that events start rolling all over the country as summer melts the snow and ice elsewhere. By June we’re in the 110’s and that’s no fun to practice in for the Nationals. So I guess you have to practice in the snow and we have to practice in Satan’s crucible.

And Mau—you can wear blue shorts here and tan your legs- if you fall head first in the snow when you get back they will see your legs easier that way.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Maybe because its an international Fita event and the scores can be used for Olympic qualitification?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no scheduling problems, everything works right for me. Lucky I guess. My NAA indoor is the first week and NFAA nationals is the next. All that matters know is if I can afford to go to all these places. The end of feb to end of May is an expensive period for archery. Vegas, NAA Indoor nats, NFAA indoor Nats, NFAA indoor sectional, AZ Cup, TX shootout, Atlantic city (at least Shootout and AC did not have a conflict this year) Redding, and Gold cup. Plus I am sure there are a few more. There is almsost a shoot each week!

sorry about forgetting the R lol. We don't pronounce them here in RI, guess I forgot to add it lmao. Now I have to go Paak my Kaa. :) How many Yaads is this shot? :D

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Hey Brad, simple answer: Because that's the only time of the year its nice down there :p. 1 month later and you'd have nothing but 110F-120F temps all the way to the monsoon season in the fall, lol :D !

Taking the temps into consideration, Easter being the following weekend, TX FITA and Atlantic City going on sometime later in April, and what does that leave you......not much in terms of open dates.

Yep, agreeing with you that that is early for our northern standards, but I'm sure they can't organize their schedule based solely on our northern climes, otherwise they'd probably have to wait until mid-May at the earliest to hold the shoot, lol!

Also fyi on the scheduling, what conflict with the NFAA Indoor and the NAA Indoor(s)? Last time I looked NFAA Indoor was being hosted 3/20-3/21 and ALL the NAA Regionals were slated for 3/13-3/14 and 3/6-3/7. At least that's the information currently shown on the NFAA and the NAA calendars. No conflict that I can see.

>>----------->

P.S. Hey Mau, so wear your navy blue shorts instead then. You must still have a pair around from when you shot the WAA up in Ashland, don't you? Better yet, I'd be happy to provide you with some papers that would then permit you to wear those navy blue slacks at more than one event ;) ;) :D !

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
May want to re-check your sources Brad!

NFAA calendar says 3/20-3/21 in Louisville, KY and those are the dates I recall being bandied about in our state meetings as well. 3/20-3/21 is already one week earlier than is the "norm" from years past. (NFAA usually hosts Nationals last full weekend of March).

>>--------> (and still wondering what a NJ b**ch slapping is ;) ;) , lol!)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
florida archery association says 13-14 I didn't realize NFAA finally put up the dates. My Mistake! oops! that must have been the original date and they relized the conflict with NAA. Thanks for the correction!

I forgot all about easter. Now the date makes since. However I think FEW will show up from the north except the big guns. I am lucky if I get out once for Atlantic city!! Hope I can get a new bow so I can run from NFAA indoor to AZ if I can go.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Any one hear about the possibility of the AZ cup changing to a 720 round from the fita?
Just curious as this fita counts as a major for our national team, if it goes then probably the AZ cup will lose a fair number of the Canadians, just a thought.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Affford it?

BR should be selling hundreds of arrow wraps by now with all of the free advertising.

Flame on.

·
Registered
642 Posts
CHPro said:
>>----------->

P.S. Hey Mau, so wear your navy blue shorts instead then. You must still have a pair around from when you shot the WAA up in Ashland, don't you? Better yet, I'd be happy to provide you with some papers that would then permit you to wear those navy blue slacks at more than one event ;) ;) :D !
Oh man you sound like Blindbat :p pushin' those papers on me :rolleyes: I'm hardly ready for 'em :eek: someday I'll be ready though :cool: :D ;)

How 'bout dem Packers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Travis, I saw the flyers and schedule for the '04 AZ Cup and it did indeed show it was going to all 70m. Personally I am sorry to see it go that route as well. I like the variety of shooting the 4 different distances. I will probably still include the Cup in my plans for '04, but if something more enticing comes along I may re-think that one. Too bad, liked the location and the folks down there put on a very class act tournament as I'm sure will be the case regardless of what round they opt to shoot.

Maybe trying to gear up the 'curves for the Summer Games? If so, I hope they'll consider returning to the full FITA format for '05.

Hey Mau, "I'm hardly ready for 'em" sounds like we've got you close though, lol ;) :D ! Now about the Pack, should have called the game before having to be put through the rest of the tortured 2nd half. Unless the 3rd stringers pulled off some sort of miracle comeback finish that I missed due to eyelids being too heavy, lol! Hopefully pre-season will be have no bearing on how well they perform next weekend :eek: !

>>----------->

·
Registered
882 Posts
Chris, don't feel bad, the both of them have been asking me for the same thing. BT is trying to shame me in to it.:D CHPro has some sort of rule, if you beat him you have to get papers...

·
Registered
238 Posts
USAT Qualifier

Directly from the Bid Package (paraphrased severely)

USAT Event format:
- Including practice minimum of three days, maximum of four
- Non-Olympic Years FITA Round
- Olympic Years 70 meter round
- Plus at least one Olympic Round
- Team round optional.

As 2004 is an olympic year ...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts