Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me and my son both drew a Unit #1 Archery Bull tag for 2008, actually we drew one in Unit #1 for 2007 as well. I tagged a nice 6x6 herd bull, after 4 stalks and 11 hours later he finally gave me a 32 yard broadside shot. It was like slow motion when I released my arrow, he spun around and when he did all I could see was my white crested maxima hunter arrow buried to the fletching. When I finally walked up on him I was in awe, definitely hunt of a lifetime. After the drying period he scored typical 331 :wink: Setting my sights on a 380 bull or better this season:eek: Cant wait till September 12.......Below are some pics,the first one is me and my nephew when we first found him......the second is when I got him back to camp......... let me know what you think.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nice bull and congrats.

I can't figure out why I've put in for 5 years straight with no luck and you draw out 2 years in a row in Unit 1.

You must be living right.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Unit 1

Sure is a pretty unit, really like the high altitude. Good bulls running around up there too. Drawing that tag back to back won't happen very often. You lucky dawg!
Nice 07 bull, only one problem............you need teeth in those photo's, smile! Have a great hunt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No doubt......I must be doing something right......enjoying it while I can, probably wont see another tag for awhile......after last year I am just considering myself lucky to have a hunt like that and rewarded with a trophy.....if I was to die tommorow......I'm happy and thankful to the hunting gods :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Have a great hunt and good luck with a 380+. They are definitely up in the AZ mountains.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Swivelhead, after passing up 5 different 5x5 bulls within 22 yards, and chasing this bull around for 11 hours, I tried the best I could to smile.......thanks for the comments. Heres a couple more pics from last year.....hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Now that's Elk country!

That's what elk country should look like. I got lucky and drew a 5bn tag this year. Like hunting a truck stop compared to unit 1.:) Still, it's good to get a ticket to the dance. 390 is definitely possible in unit 1 but not an easy task. Despite all the hoopla surrounding AZ bulls, 390 IS a rare animal. Congrats on getting your son involved, good luck on your hunt.

·
Registered
126 Posts
WTG Diablo. Unit 1 is my favorite Elk area and have had some fantastic hunts their with my son. But we both struck out again. Racking up more bonus points though.
Good luck to both of you in Sept.!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Great pics
and as for the you getting drawn my feelings are mixed:rolleyes:. . .
Congrats:cheer2: or :brick::chortle:

There are some great animals in that unit. . . GOOD LUCK:wink:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great pics
and as for the you getting drawn my feelings are mixed:rolleyes:. . .
Congrats:cheer2: or :brick::chortle:

There are some great animals in that unit. . . GOOD LUCK:wink:
LOL......too funny ......Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks to everyones comments, here is a daylight pic from the side, he broke both G3's :-( .......hope you enjoy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts