Archery Talk Forum banner

best 3d/3d popup option

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I voted premier, simply because I have shot with that one and have never tried the windbar..
did you like it? also, when you drew back, did it instantly hold still, or did you have to wait a while for it to clam down the occialasion.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
did you like it? also, when you drew back, did it instantly hold still, or did you have to wait a while for it to clam down the occialasion.
Yeah it was very sweet, I wouldn't say right when I got to full draw but it was really fast, hardly any oscillation. I liked it enough that I'm saving up for a set right now, they sure are expensive but well worth it.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Neither....go with a longer Premier.....:wink:

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
even for carrying it around the woods and shooting 3d moving targets and popups?

Yeah....even for that hard stuff you mentioned!~:wink:

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
The further away from the bow you put the weight, the more effective it will be.
Back when I was still shooting 3d I used a 36 inch stabilizer.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
Exactly! Go long

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The further away from the bow you put the weight, the more effective it will be.
Back when I was still shooting 3d I used a 36 inch stabilizer.
but wont it sway my bow from side to side if i go with a >30 stab?

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Good lord man....what do you think all of us field and 3D shooters use in the woods....if it was an issue they wouldn't make them that long......the are still shorter then your bow so if walking a range with your bow isn't an issue how is a 30"+ stab going to be an issue? :noidea: even more so when you carry the bow with the rod sticking straight up in the air either in front of or behind your arm :wink:

and if a longer rod didn't settle down quicker or at least as quick as a short rod not only would they not make them that long nobody would shoot them :doh:

Do you think everyone shooting great with long rods would shoot them if they did the job worse then a short one?

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Good lord man....what do you think all of us field and 3D shooters use in the woods....if it was an issue they wouldn't make them that long......the are still shorter then your bow so if walking a range with your bow isn't an issue how is a 30"+ stab going to be an issue? :noidea: even more so when you carry the bow with the rod sticking straight up in the air either in front of or behind your arm :wink:

and if a longer rod didn't settle down quicker or at least as quick as a short rod not only would they not make them that long nobody would shoot them :doh:

Do you think everyone shooting great with long rods would shoot them if they did the job worse then a short one?
Good points, but.........

Your gonna give yourself a concussion one of these days if you don't stop doing :doh:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He's got a point:eek:

But, yeah, you should get a longer. And the windbar is just a 20" premier
the reason i say this is because on one of the popup tourneys this year, one guy had a scope, lens, and a 32-36 icnh stab with 8-12inch v-bars and was a great shot on bag targets, but couldnt get his bow to stop swaying from side to side befor he had to shoot an arrow because the target would go down. that is what i was thinking.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
like the above several posters already mention. get the longer one. i use a 36 inch one myself for 3D. no problem shooting it at stationary or moving target.

Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts