Archery Talk Forum banner

B stinger on hunting bow

932 18
One thing I dont think I would like about B stingers is the large diameter face. Why cant the weight be a smaller diameter and just little longer? That weight it bigger than my belt buckle.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
23,637 Posts
It would not have the same effect. Yes, to a degree it would, it would still be a large amount of weight on the end of a rigid rod, but it would not be ALL of the weight at the very end.

· Registered
700 Posts
One thing I dont think I would like about B stingers is the large diameter face. Why cant the weight be a smaller diameter and just little longer? That weight it bigger than my belt buckle.
NY911 is right on. When you calculate how effective weight is at resisting torque, you multiply that point of mass by it's distance back to the axis of rotation squared. So there is a huge benefit to getting mass out on the very end of the stabilizer. In fact, weight is more than twice as effective in resisting torque if it is moved from the 8th inch to the 12th inch on a rigid stabilizer bar. Others have said, they don't like the way it looks. If it is not pretty, then it better work really really well since it certainly wasn't designed for it's looks.:wink: Of course it does work well and the B-Stinger has the patent on the forward weight design and although others will make claims of extreme forward weight to help with stabilization, only the B-Stinger can load weight in the front to the point that the center of mass is in the last 25% of the stabilizer. All the best.

· Registered
1,635 Posts
I had to turn the rod around, but I made a smaller diameter weight for hunting. The best thing is that I can pull off the camo tape and slap the original weight on and had a pretty target stab!

I am not the greatest shot in the world, but I couldn't tell much difference in the weights. The B-Stinger is freakin awesome I must add.

Attachments

· Registered
3,395 Posts
I think some will beg to differ on the belt buckle comparison!:eek: I saw a dude the other day. I swear to god I thought it was as big as a dinner plate. Absolutely ridiculous.

· Registered
700 Posts
I think some will beg to differ on the belt buckle comparison!:eek: I saw a dude the other day. I swear to god I thought it was as big as a dinner plate. Absolutely ridiculous.
Dinner plate???:eek: The largest disc, 17oz, is 3.5 inches in diameter...where are you from, Ethiopia?:wink: In all seriousness however, what's more ridiculous, making a stabilizer that looks pretty or making one that is measurably and unarguably the best 12inch or under stabilizer on earth? After all, it is called a stabilizer and if that is what it is for, then we can measure it's effectiveness. If it's just for decorations, then beauty is in the eye of the beholder and buy what you thinks makes your bow prettiest.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
I think he was talking about the belt buckle being huge. Lord knows there's some huge ones here in the south. Some look like hubcaps.

As for the b-stinger being too big...I don't think so. I hunt with the 12" 14oz in the still mangled post hurricane katrina woods of south LA and it doesn't slow me down or get in the way. It just helps me shoot my best. :thumb:

· Registered
401 Posts
Dinner plate???:eek: The largest disc, 17oz, is 3.5 inches in diameter...where are you from, Ethiopia?:wink: In all seriousness however, what's more ridiculous, making a stabilizer that looks pretty or making one that is measurably and unarguably the best 12inch or under stabilizer on earth? After all, it is called a stabilizer and if that is what it is for, then we can measure it's effectiveness. If it's just for decorations, then beauty is in the eye of the beholder and buy what you thinks makes your bow prettiest.
I was tring to decide between the B-Stinger and a Posten Woodsman stabilizer for a little while. The Posten looks much cooler...let's just admit it. So I was really leaning towards that. But then I thought who am I impressing? The guys at the shooting range? Ok sure they'll like the looks of the Posten more that the B. But then I thought about what really matters.....when I'm pulling back on that big buck what's the only thing I'm thinking about??.....making a good shot. At that moment in time I could care less about what my bow looks like or how cool my stabilizer looks. That buck certainly could care less as well. After doing some research on each site and seeing the overwhelming feedback here on AT I decided to go with what would help me be the best shot I could be...the B-Stinger....at least IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Posten is a great stabilizer and will surely help someone improve their shot. It too has a lot of great feedback. But if you told me that I could attach a dinner plate to the end of my stabilizer and that was the best thing to put on the end of it based on what math and physics tells me.....I'd put a Snoopy plate on the end of it if I had to!! I'm all about what's gonna perform the best for me at that moment of truth...that's what I've waited all year for.

· Registered
4,838 Posts
I always thought it was "Beauty is in the eye of the Bowholder" Blair.:)

My bow may not be pretty,......but my shots are! :wink:

I like the idea of the Snoopy plate coop.:darkbeer:

Attachments

· Registered
12,940 Posts
I was tring to decide between the B-Stinger and a Posten Woodsman stabilizer for a little while. The Posten looks much cooler...let's just admit it. So I was really leaning towards that. But then I thought who am I impressing? The guys at the shooting range? Ok sure they'll like the looks of the Posten more that the B. But then I thought about what really matters.....when I'm pulling back on that big buck what's the only thing I'm thinking about??.....making a good shot. At that moment in time I could care less about what my bow looks like or how cool my stabilizer looks. That buck certainly could care less as well. After doing some research on each site and seeing the overwhelming feedback here on AT I decided to go with what would help me be the best shot I could be...the B-Stinger....at least IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Posten is a great stabilizer and will surely help someone improve their shot. It too has a lot of great feedback. But if you told me that I could attach a dinner plate to the end of my stabilizer and that was the best thing to put on the end of it based on what math and physics tells me.....I'd put a Snoopy plate on the end of it if I had to!! I'm all about what's gonna perform the best for me at that moment of truth...that's what I've waited all year for.
Welcome to "The Great Understanding" :)

· Registered
3,395 Posts
Need to slow it down and read a little better. I love the B-Stinger. I can't get past the giant belt buckles.

· Registered
3,720 Posts
B-Stinger on a hunting bow?? A picture is worth a 1000 words I guess. I was fortunate enough to get the call at 0815 this morning to help my buddy, Bakeman57, recover his P&Y. He uses it on both of his hunting bows and this is deer #4 for him already this season:eek:(Started Sept 15).

Congrats Bake!! Oh yea, if my neurosurgeon is reading this, I only took the pictures and made Bake drag it alone:wink:

Attachments

· Registered
12,023 Posts
After talking to Blair for the last few weeks I came up with the following

B-stinger pro hunter will look and perform incredible on my new Pearson TX-4. Now I just Pearson to speed up production as I can't wait much longer and Blair needs a new bow model for his web-site :)

· Registered
12,940 Posts
I have been "Enlightened also Stix" I get weird looks, shaking heads, but in the end, boy does it make my bow steady. I am really impressed in the dampening. I was skeptical at first but my bow is quiet if not more quiet than when I was using the Sims collection.
Have I ever steared you wrong Ol Buddy? .... Well Ok there was time "Old Crow" didn't work out so well ... But nobody was hurt and we did get everyone of those Rhododendrons replanted, So you really can't hold that against me ...?

Glad you like it Bro.... I thought you would! :darkbeer:

· Registered
700 Posts
Need to slow it down and read a little better. I love the B-Stinger. I can't get past the giant belt buckles.
My appologies Hammer, I thought you were serving me marshmellows on the dinner plate issue.:tongue: The main point though was addressed to a couple manufactures that have been selling on the looks instead of performance against the B-Stinger. Remind me of my offence if you decide to purchase a B-Stinger. All the best, Blair

· Registered
700 Posts
Congratulations!

B-Stinger on a hunting bow?? A picture is worth a 1000 words I guess. I was fortunate enough to get the call at 0815 this morning to help my buddy, Bakeman57, recover his P&Y. He uses it on both of his hunting bows and this is deer #4 for him already this season:eek:(Started Sept 15).

Congrats Bake!! Oh yea, if my neurosurgeon is reading this, I only took the pictures and made Bake drag it alone:wink:

Great buck Bake!! Can you post those deer on the 2008 B-Stinger Harvest Report at http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=753562&page=2&highlight=2008+b-stinger ?

Very nice.

· Registered
12,940 Posts
I have been "Enlightened also Stix" I get weird looks, shaking heads, but in the end, boy does it make my bow steady. I am really impressed in the dampening. I was skeptical at first but my bow is quiet if not more quiet than when I was using the Sims collection.

Alright, OK,..... The "Howie Mandel 30 minute workout featuring Gene Wilder" wasn't so good either, it was highly recommended to me is all I'll say but none of this has anything to do with archery.

Well you know ...... They work

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.