Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 high country speed force 33"ata a little under 4 pounds. I am looking at a b stinger, smooth stability, or doinker dish. Can I get some pros and cons of each and what weight I should get. I want to hunt and shoot 3d and league with it so it has to be 12 inches or under.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
I like the b-stinger because it is the smallest end disc of them all. I don't want something big and ugly which can catch the wind and get in my way. Besides, the b-stinger is balanced very well and built great - I've had 3 of them and love em.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Well I can't tell you about performance...yet, but I just ordered a stabilizer so I will tell you what influence me. I had my mind set on a b-stinger, but they were having backorder issues. So, I had one on order for about 3 weeks when I started asking about others. A fellow AT member pointed out to me the Doinker D.I.S.H which I ordered. I liked the fact that it gave you many options for weight and allowed you to change weights easily. They also do custom lengths for you for a small fee.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I have a B-Stinger. It's the only one of the 3 I've tried so it gets my vote. Amazing how much better my accuracy is with my hunting bow.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've been trying to decided on a new stab and here's my findings. B Stinger is the most popular and their following on AT is astonishing. Biggest downside I can see is you need a whole new weight if you want to change.

Smooth Stability is very similar to B Stinger and operates under the same patent or something like that. SS shooters will say they are more adjustable and better looking than B-Stinger.

The Doinker DISH is the newest of the three and pry has the smallest following, but the lowest price. Cornfed will likely chime in supporting the DISH. The Dish will also come with enough weights to go from 9-14oz (I think) and they can be "offset" as well. Doinker also comes with a QD.

You'll get lots of opinions and fanboyism, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Like I said...I have NO firsthand experience, just giving you the basics.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttt

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
could anyone tell me the outer diameter of the SS?

The D.I.S.H. is listed as 4.5", the reason I ask is because these ring weights are like any distal weight, the further from the actual center of gravity, the more leverage a smaller amount of weight has, and it is thus more effective at a larger diameter.

Like anything, this could eventually get blown out to rediculous proportions, but I haven't seen that yet, the pics I've seen and the SS I shot at the shop all were rather reasonable in size, and so I would personally want to test the largest diameters first...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts