Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Archery Addict
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to experiment with some different stabilizers and I am wondering If I can get some help? I am comparing the B-stinger to the Doinker dish. Which one is better or neither one? Any help would be great!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I shoot with the B-Stinger, i have found that it really works,my pins are not moving around when i am at full draw any more and i can hold on target longer than i was with out it.these new stabilizers on the market work.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I can only coment on the B-stinger. It has been the best stabilizer I've ever tried. My sight settles much faster and holds steadier on the target. I am using the 8.5" w/ 11 oz weight, and a quick disconnect. The 30 day return policy is great, if you are not satisfied with the product just return it for a full refund.

·
Archery Addict
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies! I am shooting the Elite GT500 and it shoots awesome! I am trying to get that annoying little bit of a kick out of my shot cycle. Do you think the B-stinger will take care of it? Also, would the shorter version be better than the 10.25 inch? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Watch the video on the website, I think it will take care of the kick. Unfortunately they didn't have the 10.25" when I got mine. I would get that length with a QD.(should be around 12" or less) After the season I will be ordering the 10.25" rod for sure.:darkbeer:

·
Archery Addict
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the story behind this Smooth Stability company? They are associated with B-stinger. So which one is better?

·
Registered
846 Posts
I am shooting the 12" 14oz. B-STINGER on an 09 X-FORCE GX and love it. Bow holds dead in the hand and it seems to take away a lot of the pin wiggle, especially at longer distances. It does take awhile to get used to the weight, but once you do you will really like it.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I shoot the 10.25 w/QD & an 11 oz weight. It really helps steady the pins & I notice the biggest decrease in group size from 40 yards & out.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
What is the story behind this Smooth Stability company? They are associated with B-stinger. So which one is better?
I will say without a doubt and not biased because I shoot for them that the Smooth Stability is better than the B-Stinger by far. It makes your pins settle in way faster than any stab I have evenr tried. Plus it is way lighter than the Stinger and more effective. Check out my videos and see for yourself that it makes me steadier and If you watch my bow mounted camera you will notice how I aquire the target quickly and allows me to shoot faster because I am already locked onto my target!!

http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae146/armydad71/

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Actually, it looks to me as if you need more weight in the front. In every video, the camera kicked up on the shot! I shoot a 17 oz. B-Stinger so that the bow doesn't kick up or down. It goes straight toward the target!

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
I dont feel that the kick affects the shot and the balance is great. They sell extra add on weights as well. But if you look at the video below the bow doesnt move much at all and does tilt just a tiny bit up. But when you look at the bow mounted one it seems like more because its mounted to the bow and I dont have a grip on the bow.

http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae146/armydad71/?action=view&current=100_1662.flv

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Just my two cents:

I shoot predominantly target and I can directly attribute wins both to Smooth Stability and B-Stinger. With both stabilizers, I use joined 12" rods to give me a 24" length.

The Smooth Stability has a couple of advantages to it's B-Stinger cousin.

1) Ÿou have greater adjustability of weights. With the classic B-Stinger ProSeries and ProHunter, you are stuck with 8, 11, 14, and 17 ounce weights.

With Smooth Stability, you start with a 3 ounce hub, and add weights in 5 ounce increments.

So, you don't lose the investment in what you have. You add to it. It's a Lego concept.

2) Smooth Stability has the added benefit of it's wider hub giving both a v-bar style effect and a greater resistance to motion. I've written a white paper for Smooth Stability on this advantage and I can forward it to you if you want.

-Steve
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
I like the b-stinger concept but am not fond of the chunk of metal hanging off of the front of it. The concept is great though. A new company came out using the same concept as the b-stinger. It is call Smooth Stability. If you are interested in checking them out they are at smoothstability.com and I just liked the way it looked better. I have included a picture of both for comparison. But if it was between the dish and b-stinger, I would go with b-stinger

Smooth Stability

b-stinger

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I've never shot a Stinger but I probably never will. I shoot the Smooth Stability Stab and I love it. I like it because first and foremost it works, plain & simple. Secondly it is very versatile b/c you can mix & match tube to get the exact length and you can add or subtract weight as needed, something that you can't do w/ the others. Its like having several stabs in one depending on you specific situation. I have nothing but great things to say about it b/c it works awesome for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts