Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my new B-Stinger XL premier. :hello2: Can anyone recomend a weight ratio for a conquest 4 27 inch draw 50 lbs, and for a proelite 27 inch draw 50 lbs. I am so excited!!!!!! They should be here tuesday:)

Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
it is going to be different for everyone. when you get them just start playing around with it and get it perfect.

·
Liking Life Unlimited
937 Posts
currently shooting a C II @ 27" and 52#

I have an XL premier 36" with 8oz on the front
1 10" XL sight side with 9oz almost straight back
1 10" XL shelf side with 3oz approx 30 degrees out

I think I need a couple of more oz's on each side bar

side bars mounted in to back of riser

Still playing with the side bar weight and distribution although will be going to an Apex when my cam arrives

HTH

Dean

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
There is no set formula. You just have to experiment until you have your best hold. It will be different even from bow to bow.

·
Registered
742 Posts
There is no set formula. You just have to experiment until you have your best hold. It will be different even from bow to bow.
I agree also. What I have noticed though from most of the posts and on my Proelite is the almost 1:2 ratio of the weights. I have seen 6 weights on the front to 12 on the side bar, etc. Maybe a good starting point. Just my observation so far..

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I have two 27" DL ProElites set up with the premier bars.

Bow 1 has 33" & 12" bars with 5oz up front and 9oz in the back.

Bow 2 has 30" & 10" bars with 5oz up front and 9oz in the back.

I wish bow 2 had a 33" bar instead of 30".

·
Registered
23,619 Posts
Thats the best part - pracxticing and playing! There is no rhyme or reason - whatever feels best to you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts