Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Oklahoma State University
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the baby gorilla stands? and if so, what did you think of it. Was it to small, heavy, ecd..... I'm looking at buyin 20 or so and want to at least get something thats functional

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Are you looking at puting them up and leaving them all season? Moving them frequently? Really depends on exactly how you will be using them.

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some will be left up all season. others maybe just 2-3 weeks at a time. just looking for an overall evaluation of the stands themselves.

thanks

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
For the price, they are not bad though they are a little small. Very light for the price @ 14.5 lbs. the biggest down fall is that it is a "chain-on" and does not use the claw stap. The chain tends to make a lot of noise transporting the stand and putting it up. If you're on a budget and want something light to move around with, their great. But for the ones you're going to be keeping them up most of the season i'd look at teh kong's, little bigger and no chain.

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can the chains be taken off and put a ratchet on? I have 5 kongs and 12 north star and their qualities are great. So i'll probably go with the kongs again, but i do need 15-20 more stands so a budget is always a plus lol

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
without having them in front of me i'm not positive, but i'm pretty sure it would not be a problem to replace the chain with a strap.

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much does the Silverback lite cost?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I bought 5 of the baby gorillas a few years back. When I bought them, they came with the web strap, not chains. I've looked at the new ones and know that it wouldn't be a problem to change them to the straps. As far as quality goes, they are pretty darn good. They're not big by any means and they aren't comfortable for all day sits, but the comfort level goes way up just by adding the footrests. I added footrests to all mine and it was a good investment.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I have one that I've used a couple times, picked it up on sale for $29 or so a couple of years ago. I thought the platform looked small in the store, it's really small 20 feet up in a tree!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I have about 25 of them that stay up all season. I switched all the strap on ones to chain after 1 season because critters wanted to chew 'em up. I think they are plenty comfortable and big enough. I am hunting, not sitting on a sofa or doing a Jig. The pad they come with is very thin and hard, i have a different pad I carry with me if i want to, honestly i usually just sit on the seat with no pad.....on most of my stands, these included.
I am not a small guy either, 200#'s and size 13 feet, I can't see the size being a problem for guys my size or smaller.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Im 6'1" 300 lbs and i have sat in baby gorillas all day. The platform is a little small ,but they are extremely stable and quiet.Well worth the money!!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Im 6'1" 300 lbs and i have sat in baby gorillas all day. The platform is a little small ,but they are extremely stable and quiet.Well worth the money!!
Good point, They are VERY stable and quiet! I have never seen a stand for that price that was so quiet and stable.
I was mad when wal-mart stopped selling the "wolverine" hang on. It was just a Baby Gorilla made from them at a cheap price

1 - 15 of 15 Posts