Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, didn't shoot an elk but I was on them every day. I had a nice 6x6 above me but he didn't come my way. Could have shot a bear (didn't get a tag) and a couple of nice bucks (didn't get a tag) and my wife is continually reminding me of that. lol. Here's some pics for now. I'm headed back out today for another week or until I get one, whichever comes first. lol. Enjoy.

canon 024.jpg
canon 025.jpg
canon 026.jpg
canon 027.jpg
canon 028.jpg
canon 031.jpg
canon 032.jpg
canon 033.jpg
I think this one with the aspens may be my favorite.
canon 034.jpg
This is a far away view of where I'm hunting, just below the peaks.
canon 037.jpg

I'm going to hit the road soon. I'll take some more while I'm there, hopefully of an elk. This is only my second year ever elk hunting so I'm shooting whatever comes by (excepte a calf) as long as it's legal. I have to get that first one out of the way!!!

Dion

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was cool cause I was able to get them in some kind of pattern so I was on them every morning, but we kept playing tag. First 2 mornings, they crossed in front of me. Next morning I set up where they were going in front of me and they crossed where I was first sitting. It went back and forth like that for 6 days. When I would try to sneak after them, they already crossed and were gone. Kind of funny now, but frustrating last week. But, I think I got them figured out now so we'll see.

Dion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts