Archery Talk Forum banner

Back Off Your Limbs For Storage??

896 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  rembrandt
I'm sure its been answered before but I'm done for the season and I need to store my bow. Should I back down my limbs? I've heard that if I keep it cranked at 70 lbs it will decrease after time. Is that correct? It's on the 08 Bowtech General.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
783 Posts
people do it im not sure if its good bad or other.. i always recommend putting a new string on tho befor storage if your string is honestly shot rather than wait til you pop it out agian after lots of months go by cause they do blow in case quite a bit iv seen

· Registered
55,457 Posts
To back it down does nothing as the bow is still under tension. Besides they are designed to be strung and take the tension. Like was said make sure the string and cables are in good shape.
The only question I have for you is "Who stores a bow??????????" Mine get shot year round.

· Registered
127 Posts
To back it down does nothing as the bow is still under tension. Besides they are designed to be strung and take the tension. Like was said make sure the string and cables are in good shape.
The only question I have for you is "Who stores a bow??????????" Mine get shot year round.
Amen to that !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.