Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, I've been playing around for awhile with a back tension release, will my point of impact be slightly off verse me using my wrist release???

I've got a buddy letting me use a Easton stabilizer with v-bar's, etc..

What position is your hand usually in with a back tension??? Knuckles 90* to the jaw or knuckle all resting on your jaw???

Thanks for the imput:teeth:

·
<--- Finally!!
2,560 Posts
probably

Even though you are still looking through your peep in the same general way, I have noticed that my POI changes depending on what release I use. The way you hold your release is all up to you. I tend to have it at more of a 90, then tuck into my jawbone. Other people have it almost vertical. The choice is yours.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
It most defintely can change. Anytime you change the way your release/hand/arm/eye/peep/string/sight line up, you will see changes.

As for hand position, I used to turn my hand up (knuckles facing away from face) but I've recently switched to 90 degrees and am liking it better now. You can see pictures and a description here:

http://archeryreport.com/2010/04/300-days-to-300-day-21-update/

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link:smile: that is the position that feels the most comfortable for me, my point of impact is only about 2" left, so I guess I'll need to adjust the sight;)

It most defintely can change. Anytime you change the way your release/hand/arm/eye/peep/string/sight line up, you will see changes.

As for hand position, I used to turn my hand up (knuckles facing away from face) but I've recently switched to 90 degrees and am liking it better now. You can see pictures and a description here:

http://archeryreport.com/2010/04/300-days-to-300-day-21-update/

·
edthearcher
6,509 Posts
any time you change releases it seems that your anchor changes slightly
with a bt i try to place my first knuckle and my second knuckle over my jaw bone and my hand at 45 degrees
i should rephrase that my jaw bone between my 1 and 2nd knuckle

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Mine POI always changes slightly when I first started switching to the hinge or thumb.

As far as holding....find a comfortable anchor and have a friend take a picture of it. If your in a "normal" type spot, go with it and try to duplicate it every time.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
It can also change based on how you were firing the release. If you were anticipating the index even a little the POI can be different. There are a lot of variables in the equation. Anchor, hand position, release itself, way you look through the peep, etc..

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My POI is only about 2-3" left, so a sight adjustment is what I'm guessing I'll need to do.

Thanks guy's:darkbeer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts