Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway I want to start shooting a back tension release after hunting season to hone my skills. My question is are there back tension releases that work with a D-loop? All of the back tension releases have their own string loop on them. If there are ones that will work with a D-loop could you give a newb some recomendations?

Thanks,

Jason

· Registered
873 Posts
Most of the good ones will use either their own string or D-loop. Stan makes several that you can use either. Many of the carter releases are the same way.

In short, the ones youre probably looking at can be used on a dloop as well.

· Registered
5,479 Posts
I think most of the better release will be able to be used with a loop.

I shoot a Stanislawski Mag Micro. I tried a whole bunch of different releases and thought this one was the most comfortable in my hand.

One release that would be good to learn on would be the Mini Evolution by Carter.

Switching to a hinge release is probably the best thing I've done to improve my shooting.

· Registered
1,485 Posts
Many of the ones I've seen can be used either way. Either with a D loop, or the rope loop on the release itself.

· Registered
223 Posts
all the ones i own or have used the hook will go right on to the D-loop without a problem.

· saskarcher
5,124 Posts
You can take the rope off the release and hook it up to your string loop = new style
use the loop on the release and not have a string loop = old style.. this will require a mod in your nocking point setup

Most (if not all) all BT releases will work with a string loop... the string loop is somewhat new to archery,, before this it was common to use the string from the release wrapped around the bowstring under your arrow

· Registered
283 Posts
Loesch TrueBT

Why not go with an true back tension release? The TrueBT is your best bet. Check out JLARCHERY.COM

These must be pulled to fire. No rolling or moving of anchor. And they are the most consistent and easy to use of their kind by far.

· Registered
2,155 Posts
I think one of the best and easiest to learn is the truball sweetspot 2 .Give this release a try I think you love it ,I have a good friend how had target panic bad he only shot 260 on a 300round and in 3 weeks with this release he was shooting 30055x's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.