Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so of course i was told the bt should surprise you when shot.
the first shot went off and i missed the target by 2 feet to the right. it will be fun trying to get this right.and from what im reading it will take a while to get it right. but i like the stan 2 finger i bought real bice, no drag really lets the arrow fly.

two feet to the right was an old back door that my dog destroyed so im getting a new one anyway. i was only shootin from 5 feet away.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
the first shot went off and i missed the target by 2 feet to the right. it will be fun trying to get this right.and from what im reading it will take a while to get it right. but i like the stan 2 finger i bought real bice, no drag really lets the arrow fly.

two feet to the right was an old back door that my dog destroyed so im getting a new one anyway. i was only shootin from 5 feet away.[/QUOT

Ya it takes practice, practice, practice.....When I started shooting one I literally put my 30" stab about a few inch's away from the bail...It wasn't for about 20-30 clean comfortable shots before I started stepping back...

·
(aka lug nut)
48,288 Posts

two feet to the right was an old back door that my dog destroyed so im getting a new one anyway. i was only shootin from 5 feet away.
1) set the release MUCH MUCH MUCH colder...you have the release set TOO hot...adjust the release so that a LOT of rotation is required, to make the release fire

2) if you have a thumb peg, WRAP your thumb around the peg and use the thumb peg and your index finger to pull the bow to full draw
....if the release is set COLD enough, then, when you let go of the thumb peg, the release should NOT FIRE

3) Get to your facial anchor touch point, and MAINTAIN the pulling tension the entire time...I have my holding weight around 20 lbs, so I keep the pulling pressure at 22 lbs at ALL TIMES

4) while maintaining the 22 lbs of pulling pressure, while I am finding my anchor..and locking down my aim point...

5) SHIFT the pulling pressure completely to the #3 finger..let the #2 finger go to JELLO and have the #2 finger float on the finger position for the HANDLE

6) KEEP pulling on the #3 finger
....and the HANDLE WILL / MUST rotate

7) ALLOW the #2 finger to float FORWARDS towards the target, so the HANDLE can rotate and EVENTUALLY...the handle will fire

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good stuff ill have to try that tonight. im thinking it may take 100 shots to get used to, at about the 15th shot i was hitting about 12 inches below my picked out spot. but straight on with the target, so now im just low.

i dont have a 3 finger i got a 2 finger and no thumb trigger. this is actually my first bt, do you suggest i get one with a 3 or 4 finger. i got this for a great price 40 bucks and its a stan doing research they probably go for around 130. i couldnt pass on it.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
On the last question , no i wouldnt get a three or four finger if you are liking the two finger. Since there is no thumb peg on it you can do what we used to have to do before they put thumb pegs on them. What you do is wrap your thumb around your index finger on the draw. When you get to full draw and anchored in, then you take your thumb off your index finger and start your aiming and getting the release to go off process. What the wrapping the thumb around your index finger does , is it acts like your safety or thumb peg so that you can feel safer on the draw. Also since you are new to the BT releases it helps if you back your bow down a bunch so that you can get used to the draw cycle and shot cycle using the BT release.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah im shooting the bow at 65# but im gonna get a 50-60 pound bow for spots with the tax return

1 - 7 of 7 Posts