Archery Talk Forum banner

Back Tension

303 3
which Back Tension release would you advice.

I shoot was tinking of getting one, but don't know which one.

I heard that the CCPorter Mako is great, what do you think.

I am using now a Target 4+, but use it like a BT, which isn't wright

but it works for now.

please let me know the pos and neg.

WD:cool:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
583 Posts
The carter evolution+ is a great release for learning consistantancy. I have used one for about 6 months and has made me a whole lot better. I have tried all kinds of bt releases in the last year but the evo+ has helped the most. Best thing about it to me is there is really no way to cheat it with out missing completely. I haven't really found any negatives.

· Registered
8,034 Posts
The CC Porter is not a true BT release. It can and SHOULD be shot with BT but it is a thumb release.

If you are just starting with a true BT release, I would find a quality release with a safety so that you can come to full draw without fear of setting off the release while drawing!! This can be REAL painful!!!:eek: Carter has great BT releases with safeties including the Evolution, Revolution and Squeeze Me which have no trigger at all! They force you to shoot with proper BT to make them fire! Then there are the Solution series, 2.75 and 3 which have safeties as well but they are more of a true BT release.

If you choose a thumb trigger release, such as the Mako, make sure you set the trigger "SLOW" enough that you can really get your thumb around the trigger (not the tip of the thumb but the base of the thumb) and pre-load the trigger. Just to give you a visual picture of what should be happening, you should get the base of your thumb on the trigger with the tip of the thumb touching the release case and then begin to force the release into your thumb to activate your release. Again, this is just a visual because you don't want to really have the feeling that you are forcing the release any where! Just by applying BT and having the trigger pre-loaded, the release should fire! Good luck and God bless!:)

· Registered
Rytera Nemesis, Easton Pro Hunters, Muzzy 3 blade, tru-Ball hinge release.
2,119 Posts
You are on the right track

I use Tru Ball's B/T gold and the new HT they are awsome and effective .:wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.