Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a little problem I cant figure out. I can set my peep in the string untied, draw it back and it opens up perfect. But every time after I tie it in it never rotates the same for me. I am rotating the material the same direction as the string.

I am using the method of using just one string to tie it in. I always called it back-tie. Is there something I am missing.

The tie looks perfect, but I can get pics tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I always tie my peep in before i make my final adjusments. Your doing nothing wrong. It just happens when you tie a peep in and wrap the serving your changing that twist rate there at the peep. Just like if you get your peep set and then remove string leeches it will throw your peep off. Tie it in and add or take away twist in your string to get your peep set.

·
Registered
422 Posts
You may try moving your serving closer or farther from the peep. I do this a lot to tweek the peep if a twist is to much. You can also move the peep up or down just a little bit. I have also put a string leech in and moved it up and down. All of this will help.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Half a turn on your string can sometimes cure this, & a 1/2 turn is not enough to mess up your specs in most cases. You can also try moving individual strands of string to one side or the other of your peep.

Have you tried putting your peep in not lined up when not tied in, then tie it in to have it possibly lined up?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Check the bow tuning page, there was a post on there about adding twists to fine tune peep rotation

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Do you serve from the peep out? If not,start there,then makes sure you serve the direction the peep needs to stay inline.This usually means the same direction as the twist but sometimes when I do the opposite side,I need to swap directions.

But I usually tie mine with moveable knots above and below,then jump strands if needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts