Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the TRX38 I've been trying to shoot for the last three months just isn't going to work for me so I'm back to the drawing board again. I've been shooting a New Breed eclipse for the last six years and it's about perfect for me but I want a bow from a company that's going to be around for the long haul(or at least another 4-5yrs).
Bows on my short list

Elite Rezult or Rezult 36
Bowtech Rekoning 35
Hoyt Altus
PSE EVO NXT 35
Any thoughts on these bows? It's going to be used for hunting and backyard target shooting but I prefer a bow no shorter than 35".
I was set on the PSE but it looks like the grip is a little thick in the pictures. The Rezult is at the top of the list but it's the most expensive and I'm not sure about long term durability of the SET system. Only bow I found in stock to try is the PSE, no one stocks the others since they are target models so I was going to just order the one I think is best and hope it turns out better than the Mathews experiment.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Did you try the pse with the rubber grip removed? With this removed you can shoot off the riser which is a pretty narrow grip.

·
Just thwackin' it.
6,976 Posts
Do yourself a favor and wait a few days and you can throw the new Primes on the list. There's a 36" bow with a 6.5" BH coming. Not much changes over the Black series, but small refinements. I really love how they hold with the center grip balance. If you've never shot one, you may want to. Also free strings every 2 years.

Ultimately though, you can't go wrong with many of the bows on your list!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I would go Hoyt personally. The Rezult is a good shooter but slow. Misses the IBO rating by 15 FPS. I shoot an Invicta SVX 37 and it is phenomenal. The Altus is basically the same type bow. Its a catch-all between the Invicta 37 and 40 with out the shoot thru riser and an older style cable rod and grip. It is basically half Invicta and half ProComp. I bet it is a monster.

If speed isn't important the Elite Rezult is a tack driver and stupid easy to bareshaft tune. The S.E.T. limb pockets system is awesome and works just as advertised. Truly amazing. As a comparison, the Rezult is slow like the Bowtech Fanatic but super tunable. Image having two yoke sets but no need for twisting them as the S.E.T. adjustments do the exact same thing. IBO at 325fps is not even close. Its more like 310. That said, it is a very accurate bow and just wants to point. Grip is super comfortable as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rak762005

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would go Hoyt personally. The Rezult is a good shooter but slow. Misses the IBO rating by 15 FPS. I shoot an Invicta SVX 37 and it is phenomenal. The Altus is basically the same type bow. Its a catch-all between the Invicta 37 and 40 with out the shoot thru riser and an older style cable rod and grip. It is basically half Invicta and half ProComp. I bet it is a monster.

If speed isn't important the Elite Rezult is a tack driver and stupid easy to bareshaft tune. The S.E.T. limb pockets system is awesome and works just as advertised. Truly amazing. As a comparison, the Rezult is slow like the Bowtech Fanatic but super tunable. Image having two yoke sets but no need for twisting them as the S.E.T. adjustments do the exact same thing. IBO at 325fps is not even close. Its more like 310. That said, it is a very accurate bow and just wants to point. Grip is super comfortable as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Speed isn't really a top priority. The bow will be used for hunting and I don't shoot past 40yds at animals(really try to keep shots inside 30)and I range everything around me so distances will be know. with that said I don't want a total snail though since I only have a 26.5DL and keep my poundage around 56-58,it's nice to have a little speed for small errors.

Main priorities are ease of tuning, smooth drawing, good back wall, and a cam that is forgiving if I lose some tension on long holds.

My only holdup on the Hoyt is the DCX cam switches right around my DL and if I choose the wrong cam I'll end up having to long or short string the bow to get it to fit me. I shoot a 26.5" draw and the #1 DCX cam maxes out at 26" and the #2 cam starts at 26.5". I usually back my bows down about 5lbs from max so that affects the DL a bit also. The SVX cams look to be more aggressive than what I want, although the hard back wall is preferred.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
If your looking for a bow comparable the the eclipse I would not overlook Martin for sure I went from a gx36 to a anax 3d and love it. Otherwise elite would be the next choice

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Speed isn't really a top priority. The bow will be used for hunting and I don't shoot past 40yds at animals(really try to keep shots inside 30)and I range everything around me so distances will be know. with that said I don't want a total snail though since I only have a 26.5DL and keep my poundage around 56-58,it's nice to have a little speed for small errors.

Main priorities are ease of tuning, smooth drawing, good back wall, and a cam that is forgiving if I lose some tension on long holds.

My only holdup on the Hoyt is the DCX cam switches right around my DL and if I choose the wrong cam I'll end up having to long or short string the bow to get it to fit me. I shoot a 26.5" draw and the #1 DCX cam maxes out at 26" and the #2 cam starts at 26.5". I usually back my bows down about 5lbs from max so that affects the DL a bit also. The SVX cams look to be more aggressive than what I want, although the hard back wall is preferred.
My priorities are the same as yours and that’s why my next bow will most likely be the Reckoning. The Revolt X is absolutely awesome but a little longer ATA and BH will be even better.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Shoot them all and decide what u like best. Most all the bows these days are solid. Dont get caught up on brand names. Unless they are paying u to shoot them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts