Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here can offer some opinions on back weight or back bars. Not sure what is the correct term, but looking for some weight to add to the back of my bow, hoping to improve the balance, thus steady the hold. Getting ready for the indoor season, shooting a Hoyt Pro Elite. Because I am shooting a lens, I am thrown in with the Freestyle hotshots, so figure maybe I will add some more tricks to the bow. I am now shooting with a stabilizer that qualifies for Bowhunter, but the lens makes me Freestyle. Stabilizer is a B-Stinger, think it is 12-14" long, would have to measure the weight on the end. Can anyone offer some advice for a good back weight set-up?

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
15,104 Posts
Get a 24'' for the front, move the 12'' to the rear. Add weights as needed.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
You will probably find that if you go to a 30" rod on the front and add 2.5-4 ounces on it it will balance perfectly front to back. You may want a single back bar on the opposite side the sight's on. But it shouldn't need to be too heavy. That's why I like my ProElite....it kind of has it's own back weight built right in.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Someone had posted a link a month or so ago I think from GRIV that had a good forumula that I used. It gave me a good starting point. Maybe you can search and find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts