Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 feet by 4 feet target in my backyard, but would like to setup a backstop as I don't want the chance of hitting neighbors...what would you guys recommend...netting, canvas, etc...?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Do you have a Tractor Supply Company or TSC near by? They have pads made to use in horse stalls. Its about 1-2 inch thick made of solid rubber. I took two of them and made my backstop out of them. Never had one go through yet.

·
Registered
258 Posts
what kind of target do you have that is 4x4 ? i am lookig for a nice big target like that but havent been able to find any thing!would like to get one of the ones they use for olympics nice big round one but know idea where to get it??

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
I looked up a rubber mat for stalls on Tractor Supply's website. A 3/4" thick mat 4' x 7' weighs 112lbs! How do you hang a couple of those???

Best Regards,
Byron

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
If you know anyone who works at a papermill, they replace the belts every so often and they are very big, thick and free of charge if you know the right person.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got a all rubber reinforced mat from a friend in Minnesota who was a dairy farmer. He called the mats "cow mats" that the cows layed on. Mine was about 5'x5' and about 1/2" thick. It was heavy but certainly not 100+ lbs. I would guess 30 - 40 lbs. It works excellent and I have never had an arrow even stick in it. They just bounce back. You might check some of the dairy supply places for these.

AKSlinger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts