Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 What release do you shoot
2 How many fingers
3 Why do you shoot this release, is there something special about it?

Im debating on what release to shoot. I just wana know what the Community is shooting for BT releases.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
1. Carter evolution
2. three finger w/ thumb on safety
3. It makes you use back tension properly to get it to go off on a consistent basis. There is no cheating or rotating to make it go off. If your at full draw and stuck all you are going to do is turn red in the face and pass out before it goes off. Might as well let down and start over and do it right.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I'm currently shooting a Carter Atension hinge style release in 4 finger model. Why? It just fits my hand better than any others I have tried. I have found that most all hinge style releases all work on the same principal, just try several different ones and go with the one that fits your hand best and feels most comfortable.
I am always looking at new and different releases searching for the "perfect fit for me"
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
1) Original Stan
2) 3-finger
3) Because it was very cheap

·
Sultan of Smack
5,744 Posts
I just picked up a Carter Target4+. It is a thumb trigger, but I'm using it as a BT release. It's a four finger. I'm still struggling a little bit with it, but when I do it right it really helps me group well.

SCFox

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
1) Stan Micro III (L)
2) 3 finger
3) I shoot it because it's the most comfortable handle for me and the head is very smooth. My release is a 3 finger but it started off as a 4 finger.:wink: I prefer to cut a 4 finger down to a 3. I don't like the tapper and size of the 3rd finger on the 3 finger model.

Everyone makes good hinges.....it really is going to come down to you getting your mitts on as many as possible and finding the one that you like the best. :) There are releases that have been mentioned that are great releases that I can't stand. You just gotta shoot them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Carter evolution

I use a Carter evolution, four finger w/ thumb on safety. I agree with a previous post that it makes use develop and use a consistent, good form. It has helped me very much. I went to it so that I had to get my form right-it has doen that for me.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
evo+ with a carter thumb shoe with the release knob on thumb shoe it is really comfortable.i like the sweet spots 2 with safety,saves a lot of dental bills. it is all in what is comfortable to you.just starting out i would get one with a safety.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
1. Loesch Trubacktention
2. 4 finger ( hate having no where to put my pinky)
3. because with most other releases I can't hit a barn (target panic)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Scott longhorns
3 finger
No particular reason other then I've used it so long it's like part of my hand now.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Stan Luxor (it's old!)
3-Finger
Like it 'cause it fits my small hand!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts