Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The easton tuning guide seems to contradict itself. In the paper tuning section it says to move the rest to the left if you get a tail right tear (RH archer). It also states this is most likely due to an arrow that is on the stiff side.

But...

In the broadhead tuning section, it says if your broadheqads are hitting to the left of your feildpoints then you should move your rest to the right, It also says that this is a stiff arrow reaction

What gives????

I am just curious

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I guess no one else can figure that out either:wink: . It works in practice, because I have used both techniques to tune my bow, but it is the incongruity of the two theories that confuses me

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
broadheads change the dynamic characteristics of an arrow.

you are adding up to 2 inches in overall length to an arrow and putting 'wings' on the front end

if your
dynamic spine changes, then so does the rest's centershot. if you want to get the most precise tuning you can, stop paper tuning.....it's an excercise in frustration. walkback/distance tuning will reveal more about an arrows point of impact issues than will paper.

paper tuning's drawbacks are that it is a photograph. how do you know for fact that that bullethole isnt a crossover point? papertuning at distances greater than 20ft will not give a true representation. the fletching, as hoped by design, will have taken control and stablized the arrow, making the pointy end stay in front.

your best tools for getting accuracy from tuning start before you even draw the bow back

using the G5 ASD on the cut shafts and inserts will do wonders for trueing broadheads. also using the satellite matchpoints will help give your arrows the best overall dynamics that would be with your broadheads. the matchpoints come in a 3 pack in 3 different weights, 85gr, 100gr and 125gr.

http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/product.asp?prod=270309

http://www.g5outdoors.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts