Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there have already been several 3D shoots in the area and I haven't been to a single one yet. I save up my time for hunting season.

Since I don't do 3D or indoor, I shoot in the backyard everyday.

Anyone else simply a backyard pro?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Normally there or my 10 yds in the basement. Once it gets warmer ill hang a stand outback. I have 40 yds and if I want to go farther ill go into the neighbors yard. Hung 2 sheets of 3/8" rubber behind target just in case since I live in a rural subdivision and never shoot if the neighbor is out. My buddy is hounding me to go to more 3d shoots this year though.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I shoot alot in my backyard, I have a half dozen 3d targets out all the time a couple bulldog targets, we do make a number of shoots, but still shoot more in the yard than anywhere else, stickbows, as well as compounds, I am the KING in my back yard. ( if my wife doesnt have me doing chores )

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Yup. I shoot regularly out to 70 yards in my backyard. Plus I keep a treestand set up @ 30' high to practice from year round.

·
Bowhunter
2,089 Posts
Yeah I shoot in the yard whenever I can.
I can get out to 40 yards.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,764 Posts
See my sig. I should revise it; Former and Current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself ;)

I shoot at home, but have 3 ranges, 30, 40 and 100 yarders, plus a "stump shooter" range. I've got a 31 acre home site that allows sticking a target anywhere I want. I shoot at the shop when no customers are present.
Still, anyone can be King in their own back yard (garage, basement). Doesn't mean you're king come hunting season. 3D can offer that difference that may give that little extra for getting the job done come hunting season. Okay, the backyard only offers so much, targets, distance, angles, obstructions to over come.

·
Registered
185 Posts
28 yards fence to fence in my yard, try to get out and shoot 3 days a week.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yep, I do. I only have 15 yards, but that's enough until I can get to the outdoor range on Sundays. If I get bored of shooting in my backyard, there is always Bass Pro which is 5 minutes away.

·
Banned
110 Posts
when it gets warmer I'll move outside and start practicing at longer range. It's been way too cold to shoot outside. We also live right on a hill so it's pretty windy, amplifying the cold and crap shooting condition.

·
Registered
434 Posts
at my shop indoors every morning and I shoot in my yard some evenings and weekends but I also live close to an outdoor range that is unmanned it has 6 target walls that are 6'x6' set up at 10 yard intervals from 10-60 yards. and usually nobody is there in the early mornings on weekends. In my yard I can only go to 35 yards.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i shoot every day in my backyard
^^^this. I've out of the archery loop for some time and I'm a little embarrassed to go to a 3d course or range. Not quite confident enough yet.

·
jackaroo
2,703 Posts
I shoot 50 yards out back quick and easy but when weather warms up I have 4 ranges to shoot within a hour of the house I will start at the furthest range and work my way back to the closest which is about 5 miles. First range has 15 targets private Second range has 15 private Third had 20 club and last had 20 which is a club all Mckenzie. This year I am going to do less shooting and more just walking the ranges and try to get my yardage judging down better...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Just about everyday in my backyard or in my basement during the long, cold, dark Montana winters. On mild days and during summer I hit our local outdoor range once a week.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts