Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bloody Arrow = Happiness!
5,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself shooting more in the off season and a ton in the weeks leading up to the opening. I shoot 3 to 4 days a week on my work weeks and everyday on my weeks off from work.
I tried to set my targets up at odd distances to force me to practice for the real thing. I have a couple of 3d deer and some blocks and a bag target. (My poor blob has been retired to backstop duty)

Post up your backyard range and setup and how you prep for the season.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
you are way luckier than i am when it comes to practice opportunity. i have my basement, 8yds, where i can fling arrows daily. i cant do outside at home because there is a city ordinance against target practice, but thats the price i pay for my awesome hunting opportunity. so i have to drive a bit for that, so its a little inconvenient. i usually just toss a foam target out in a field

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Nice looking back yard!

I shoot a few times a week. I used to have a bunch of targets set up like you did but now I just have a block out there that I move around.

·
Vendor
25,429 Posts
Before I ruined my shoulders, I did 3D target repair. So I was fortunate enough to get a bunch of old targets and fix them. This is what I built during the summer for less than $1000. Ended up selling all my 3D targets and repair kits to Art Brown who still does them today.
back yard range 003.jpg back rang compressed.jpg

·
Bloody Arrow = Happiness!
5,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before I ruined my shoulders, I did 3D target repair. So I was fortunate enough to get a bunch of old targets and fix them. This is what I built during the summer for less than $1000. Ended up selling all my 3D targets and repair kits to Art Brown who still does them today.
View attachment 6533649 View attachment 6533651
That looks like Christmas morning............for an archer that was a VERY GOOD kid that year. Dang that is a sweet range.

·
When's bow season start?
8,927 Posts
I got tired of having bag targets get soaked by rain, destroyed by the sun, get muddy, infested with ants, etc., so I decided to build a target stand. I asked for ideas on AT and got some good suggestions from murdamerb. Cost less than $150.00 and took several hours to build.

I can shoot to about 80 yards if I stretch it, but normally 20-60 (80 is standing at the end of my driveway lol).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts