Archery Talk Forum banner

Bad Experience buying stuff on AT

1820 Views 29 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Tuningfreak
I just wanted to share my 1st bad experience buying stuff on AT I bought a Spot-Hogg sight last week and finally came yesterday .when I posted that I'm looking for Spot-Hogg Real Deal 5 pins 0.19" I have a response from an AT registered user saying that he has a new one just out of the box.

I asked for pics and he told me just go to Spot-Hogg web-site I know what it's look like because I already have one on my DXT. Any way I bought it a big mistake not seeing what I'm buying for.

The package arrived yesterday and when I open the box the sight was not even closer to being new it was a used sight not only that the fiber optic was all loose, the Spot-Hogg logo was also missing and when I look closer the sight got Spot-Hogg Hunter Hogg-it mount and the sight assembly has a real deal bracket. All in all what I got was a combination of Hunter hogg it and a Real Deal. Contacted the seller righty now his on Vacation with his family.. I though buying on AT would be a good deal than E-bay..Here are some pics,,,

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
12,940 Posts
Looks like a Real Deal to me I see nothing that is a Hogg it part. Real Deals don't have the logo like others do, not the ones I've had anyway.. Looks like close to new to me ...Sorry

· Classifieds Administrator
39,608 Posts
I would wait till he gets back from vacation and see what he says. Pictures help a lot on here and when guys start sending you links, I would suggest still asking for a picture.

As you see in this case, its not like you expected and your upset and rightfully so.

Please see what he says when he gets back from vacation and if you need assistance, I am more than happy to help out.

Seeing you didn't get what you wanted, I would hope he would refund you your money and cover shipping expenses.

Lou
AT Classifieds Moderator

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
I just wanted to share my 1st bad experience buying stuff on AT I bought a Spot-Hogg sight last week and finally came yesterday .when I posted that I'm looking for Spot-Hogg Real Deal 5 pins 0.19" I have a response from an AT registered user saying that he has a new one just out of the box.

I asked for pics and he told me just go to Spot-Hogg web-site I know what it's look like because I already have one on my DXT. Any way I bought it a big mistake not seeing what I'm buying for.

The package arrived yesterday and when I open the box the sight was not even closer to being new it was a used sight not only that the fiber optic was all loose, the Spot-Hogg logo was also missing and when I look closer the sight got Spot-Hogg Hunter Hogg-it mount and the sight assembly has a real deal bracket. All in all what I got was a combination of Hunter hogg it and a Real Deal. Contacted the seller righty now his on Vacation with his family.. I though buying on AT would be a good deal than E-bay..Here are some pics,,,
You can't put a Hogg-it mount on a Real Deal...looks like a Right-on bracket, which I think they shared for some time...looks like a first generation Real Deal to me.:)

· Registered
3,141 Posts
Looks like a Real Deal, but a older model wih the thumbs up cut out in the mount.
All my newer ones don't have the cut out and have Spot hogg printed on both sides of the mount bracket.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Simply contact one of the Classified Moderators and the situation will be resolved. The Mods are very efficient at getting stuff like this taken care of.
I agree , but I would give the other AT member a chance to make it right ..

· Registered
1,884 Posts
From what I see...

It's a Real Deal.

http://www.spot-hogg.com/product_sight_realdeal.shtml

Five pins, micro windage and elevation. What exactly did you think a Real Deal is? Also, it's a little hard to tell, but I do not see any marks on the mounting plate that would indicate the sight had been mounted to a bow. As for the fibers being loose...the fibers have just slid forward on the pins. No big deal...just push them back. It can and does happen. That's why after I get my pins set, I snip off the excess fiber that sticks out and put a ball on that end to hold the fibers in place. I believe Spot Hogg sez you can use a dab of contact cement to hold them in place too. As for the dust/dirt....I've got archery stuff layin around that is considered new...but dusty. No dig deal. Only difference is when I sell things, I dust them off.

My opinion...this is VERY unfair to the seller. He could be on vacation now....it's that time of year....and unless you have made contact with him and failed to get the issue resolved, it is improper to come to this forum and dis the guy. It appears to me the sight is what it was sold as. It has all the features of a Real Deal....whether it was brand new this year or brand new several years ago....it's still a Real Deal.

· Bowhemian
8,311 Posts
I agree , but I would give the other AT member a chance to make it right ..
Actually Mailman has no real choice in the matter. But considering the "Broadway hustle" this seller pulled on him I wouldn't expect him to be willing to do the right thing. I'll be very surprised if he does because people who take advantage of others this way usually don't concern themselves with what is right and what is wrong. They go through life doing whatever they can get away with.

Hopefully the moderator can help but I predict the final result will be a lot of conversation and promises.

· Registered
12,940 Posts
Sounds like you could be the guy that sold it to him?? Maybe I'm wrong though...
Not to hard to figure out if you click on his profile..

True, but unless it wasn't in a box, and assuming mailman didn't leave it in the garage while he sanded, or in the plastic; then why does it have dirt/dust on it..?
Black stuff always shows dust in pictures... I don't care really It ain't my problem he isn't happy and that's all that matters here. I think I would be if I paid "used" price for the sight it looks like a Real Deal and looks fine to me... And what is the loose fiber optics? Are they loose in the turret or loose on the pin? It doesn't have to be in a box to be as "new" I don't see any rust or mounting screw marks on the item. To be fair we don't know what was discussed between buyer and seller

Actually it does look like it has mounting marks in the last set of holes .. Still was it billed .. new or as new or like new ... we don't know.. He stated the seller already said it was out of the box

· Registered
633 Posts
i have had a couple bad deals on here.ADVANTAGE LOU helped me get mine straightened out.good luck and work with the mods.
Yes big shouts out to LOU he has helped me more than anyone mod should have, he has gone above and beyond what I would call his job on here to help. Big thanks at you LOU, as I had a very serious issue with a trade on here and he has helped straighten it out for me

· Registered
1,884 Posts
If it's the guy that responded to your WTB ad for a Real Deal, he has all great feedback. Another reason to wait until you actually have communicated with the guy and failed to settle the issue before coming to this forum with your problem.

· Registered
1,884 Posts
Also, when I look at the bow mount for the Real Deal and the Hogg It-Hunter, the only similarities I see are your Real Deal and the Hogg-It Hunter on the website have the same logos. But the Hogg-It Hunter does not have a dove tail mount like in your pictures. The windage is adjusted with the same type of micro adjust that the Hogg-It with the adjustable extension has.

· Registered
1,694 Posts
poor form.

That looks exactly like the Real Deal i had a few years ago. it also looks very clean. Small dust specs on a black object in close up are not unusual.

based on what i see, i think the seller is getting dragged through the mud unfairly.

this isn't a good first way to raise the issue.

· Registered
2,130 Posts
IMO this thread should not have been posted until he talked to the seller and gave him a chance to correct the situation. I agree that it is unfair to the seller who is on vacation.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.