Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 21 years old but have a contact perscription of -12, which means my vision is still pretty bad at times when trying to look through my peep into the sight. Focusing through the peep onto the pins is often hit or miss. I use the same bow for both hunting and for indoor spots, with a 3x CBE scope and a Vital Bow Gear Startrack. Shooting a target peep is out of the question for me due to this problem. I was wondering if anyone here knew whether a clarifyer peep would help me see the pins on both my hunting and target sight better and if it would fog up or not while hunting. Thanks alot everyone.

Kevin

·
(aka lug nut)
48,312 Posts
homefries04 said:
I'm 21 years old but have a contact perscription of -12, which means my vision is still pretty bad at times when trying to look through my peep into the sight. Focusing through the peep onto the pins is often hit or miss. I use the same bow for both hunting and for indoor spots, with a 3x CBE scope and a Vital Bow Gear Startrack. Shooting a target peep is out of the question for me due to this problem. I was wondering if anyone here knew whether a clarifyer peep would help me see the pins on both my hunting and target sight better and if it would fog up or not while hunting. Thanks alot everyone.

Kevin
Hello Kevin:

Clarifiers
and
Verifiers.

A clarifier acts like the eye piece on a set of binoculars
when you are using a scope lens.

A verifier peep sight
helps you see your pins better
(like reading glasses for short distance viewing)

If you go to a pro shop
with the verifier lens shop display,
you can find out what strength verifier lens you need
to bring your pins into sharper focus.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=6187

5 strengths to choose from.

You would be interested in the 1/4-aperture size.

·
Registered
331 Posts
verifier

I have to agree with nutsandbolts. My eyesight is terrible and untill recently my pins were blurry. I got the 1/4 peep with the verifier and they cleared right up. My pins are crytal clear and it doesn't effect my long range shots. I couldn't be more pleased. Try it I think you will be really glad. By the way I am 55yrs old and need reading glasses and am now able to shoot without glasses or contacts.
Dave

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
-12 is extremely near sided. I don't know what you might use for this. I am far sighted and clarifers and verifers help. You need a clarifer to clear a lens and a verifier for pins. I seem to have problems getting both a clear scope and pins. I have recently, been using True spots lenses for round targets. But, they are no good for 3D or hunting.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. Wouldn't it be nice if we all had perfect vision???

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts