Archery Talk Forum banner

bad news

1101 Views 18 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Hoyttboy
i broke my wrist in football yesterday, so that means no bowhunting for me.:sad:. Im thinking about geting a crossbow but have no idea what kind to get? Any help would be greatly apprecated.
thanks hunterforlife.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey guys,
thanks for the help. yesterday i got a horton hunter hd 150. its shoots pretty good, and i got a good deal on it. I was loking at the ten points but my local dealer didnt have them. i am very pleased with the way it shoots and glad i dont have to miss bowseason.

xXxrory7xXx, i broke my wrist doing linebacker drills, i was geting the blocker of me and it just snaped. :sad:

thanks for all the help hunterforlife

· Registered
2,425 Posts
man i guess this is the year 2 get hurt i am out with a messed up back 2 years ago i broke my wrist it hurts

· Registered
1,326 Posts
sry about your wrist
i hurt my sholder a few years back a pushed it and it still hurts when i shoot to much

· Registered
209 Posts
i'm out for the rest of football season ...i didn't break my ankle but i came very close to breakin my groth plate in my ankle...and coach said it's too risky to let me try to play anymore and he don't want to chance it with me becuz i've got colleges lookin at me for baseball ..but atleast i can hunt lol

· Administrator
65,646 Posts
hey guys,
thanks for the help. yesterday i got a horton hunter hd 150. its shoots pretty good, and i got a good deal on it. I was loking at the ten points but my local dealer didnt have them. i am very pleased with the way it shoots and glad i dont have to miss bowseason.

xXxrory7xXx, i broke my wrist doing linebacker drills, i was geting the blocker of me and it just snaped. :sad:

thanks for all the help hunterforlife
i got a horton summit i realy like it to. but once you get a feel for crossbows its hard to go back to compounds
Sorry about your luck, but.. I did the same thing, only I broke mine twice, six months apart... did the same thing, had to use a Xbow for two seasons til I could even draw a compound against my wrist.

Have to disagree with huntergaither tho, as soon as I could get rid of the Xbow I went back to my compound and won't look back, unless forced to again. :wink:

Hope you enjoy your season, be careful with that cast. :wink:

· Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the crossbow worked out well, as i took this 11pt thursday evening. this is the bigest buck i have ever killed and will always rember it.
Thanks for all the help guys,
hunterforlife

Attachments

· Administrator
65,646 Posts
Well the crossbow worked out well, as i took this 11pt thursday evening. this is the bigest buck i have ever killed and will always rember it.
Thanks for all the help guys,
hunterforlife
Awesome and a heck of a buck! :thumb: :whoo:

Glad to hear you're out hunting em.. :wink:

Now spray paint that cast olive drab, eh? :chortle: :wink:

· Registered
234 Posts
Gotta love Football

Sorry to hear about all the sports injuries. Another one to add to the seasoned ended for "08 is Hoyttboy. Tore ACL and alot of cartilage at football, Had surgery last Wednesday. Still bedridden, but watching lots of hunting viedos, when he can keep his eyes open. Was checking email for him since his computer is on the 2nd floor. A speedy recovery is wished for each of you! HOYTTBOY'S MOM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.