Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a really bad night shooting. Couldn't group worth anything. Don't know if it was because my arm and back are tired or what. Saturday and Monday shot great bow and everything else is good. Sure it was operator error.:-(

·
Liv4Rut
7,318 Posts
That is much better than my groups. I didn't shoot tonight since my back and arm are tired from last night's shooting LOL. There is always next time. Another good trick is to find a buddy you can shoot much better than even on your worst day. That always cheers me up. Git R Done next time!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have those days every once in a while too. If I shoot a couple bad groups I just case er up an shoot the next day. No sense in losing confidence.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Thats when I shoot one good one. Then take a break. Shoot another from a different position or spot. I take another break. I call it "Take one and make it count." Just like hunting. I do that a few times throughout the evening or day.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Michael Jordan had bad shooting nights too...Better off to put the bow away and do something else. Get back at it tomorrow and try not to worry too much, some days you just don't have it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first arrow was right where I wanted it. After that I was all over the place. Put it up and went inside I will go home at lunch and see if its any better today.

·
Registered
278 Posts
We've been doing the one shot practice for about 2 weeks now, we get up in the mornings and ready for the day then one shot before the wife and I leave the house then put it up, then one at night when we get home and one before it gets too dark for low light practice, but only one shot totaling three or four for the whole day, nice practice and when they all count it's really uplifting.

Steve

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to start shooting just one arrow and make it count at 20, 30, 40 then put the bow up.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That how I was the first couple times going out to shoot, last night I shot for about 2 hours, the more you do it, the easier it is, plus im only at 55# so its not bad at all!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Shoot some tweens too, we normally shoot different angles and yardages every time and it's really great practice for when you're in the stand and only have one and it has to count.

Steve

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well came home for lunch and got the target out and first shot at 40yrds was right on the money. Then shot all sorts of distances and was hitting where I was aiming so must have been a bad night.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I feel ya. The other day I couldn't group to save my life. Put the bow away for the night, the next day I was on, it happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts