Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a bum shoulder & pulling 70lbs just sucks.I'm gonna drop down to 60lbs & am looking for a bow that is quiet with decent speed.I could go the crossbow route but really don't want to.Any suggestions on a bow that fits this,needs to be moderatly priced around the $500-$600 mark as we just bought a house.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Get a 60 lb Destroyer. You can get a used one in that price range on here. I did and I love it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
One of the Diamond Fugitve package deals $599 at Cabelas. If your shoulder is permantly damaged you might want to move to a 50# peak draw weight. Will kill any deer dead just as good as a 70# bow out to 40 yards with your Magnus Broadheads. The Nuge Knows!

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Depends on how long of A2A you want, cam style, and I'm assuming you want a smooth drawing one. Theres all kinds so if you would narrow it down a tad perhaps some of us could steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
Ok i have a bum shoulder & pulling 70lbs just sucks.I'm gonna drop down to 60lbs & am looking for a bow that is quiet with decent speed.I could go the crossbow route but really don't want to.Any suggestions on a bow that fits this,needs to be moderatly priced around the $500-$600 mark as we just bought a house.

Have your shoulder looked at by a doctor/mri to see what the issue really is with your shoulder.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends on how long of A2A you want, cam style, and I'm assuming you want a smooth drawing one. Theres all kinds so if you would narrow it down a tad perhaps some of us could steer you in the right direction.
A2A somewhere around 32" thats what i have now & i like it,smooth drawing as you said,as far as cams i'm pretty open about that.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
A2A somewhere around 32" thats what i have now & i like it,smooth drawing as you said,as far as cams i'm pretty open about that.
Tony, I think you would like a 2010 Elite Z28.
32.5" A2A
7 3/4" bh

Elite is still building them and they can be had for a discount price right now. Not the fastest but its been said by many archers that its the best hunting bow ever made. You can get a used one also and still get warranty..... Elites transferrable warranty.

The other one is an Elite Hunter. Same awesome bow as the Z28 basically. Little shorter at 31.5" I believe it is. Little faster.

Both has the most awesome valley and let off you have ever felt. Its like you can hold them back all day. They also have a rock solid back wall due to the two limb stops.

Best finish in the business as well. Extremely smooth dual cam bows.

Good luck with your search.

Skeet.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I use to shoot as much as 80#,don't need that with today's bows.After rotator cuff surgery...I shoot 58#.The deer don't know the difference.I have a woman friend that shoots 43# and kills two deer every year.Shoot cut on contact heads.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Just look for something you're interested in here in the classifieds. There isn't a bow made nowadays that won't blow through a deer at 60#, or even far less than that.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
I have some shoulder issues as well I bought EVO at 60 pounds draws smooth.I drew the destroyer and the MR7 the draw was harch compared EVO the bow mentioned are all speed bows.Some of the single cams have good speed and in opinion the smoothest draws. Except the diamond series man they are as bad as some hard cams but have good speed.Go to a shop and handle some bows you will be surprised at the new bows.

·
Registered
738 Posts
just got cleared to go back to work after being off 6 months due to shoulder surgery ( bow arm). labrum, rotator cuff and a few other things along with 3 screws. Just bought a Matthews ez7 30" 71 lbs 355grain arrow 307-310 fps with string loaded. Feels like pulling 60 lbs. Shot just about every bow out before surgery, went with the ez7

1 - 13 of 13 Posts