Archery Talk Forum banner

Badger in Northen Indiana

752 Views 16 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  C. Renfrow
I was out hunting this morning here in Kosciusko County and saw movement in front of me on the ridge. I first thought it was a groundhog, but as it got closer I saw the white stripes on it's face. I said to myself "is that a Badger?" I put the binos on it and I could not believe it, it was a Badger. I've only heard that we may have a few, but have never heard of anyone actually seeing one around here.

No deer sighted, but seeing something like that was worth going for.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
462 Posts
My father and I were hunting about 300 yds apart several years ago and saw the same thing. It was brushy for both of us, but we both thought that it could have been a badger. Saw the white stripe and it was WAYYY too big to be a skunk. This was in SE Illinois. seems kinda unreal to me, but I guess anything is possible. Really wished we could have gotten a better look at it to confirm or disprove or suspicions. Don't laugh, engineers are not known for their spelling.

· Registered
2,784 Posts
bout time we got some new blood....

im running out of groundhogs...badgers would offer a nice option...guyt

· Registered
78 Posts
Badger in S.W. Missouri

My neighbor has several cameras out in some standing timber and has gotten two pics. of one. My buddy has a farm about fifteen miles away and has seen one by the creek that runs through his place.

· Have bow will travel
823 Posts
I can confirm seeing one in Marshall county just to your west. Rodney to the south, we have a few. I am carrying a Nikon D80 with 200mm zoom this year, I hope to get a picture.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.