Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it will be sat. feb. 6 and sun. feb. 7. no friday nite spot lines. sat. will be 5-spot and sun. will be animal round/ brush shoot. shooting fees will be published on bsg's site shortly. friday evening will be open spot practice, first come first serve for a small fee to shoot as long as you like. there will be food at the club friday evening as well as during the shoot. basically, the format for registration will be similar to the summer shoot, so watch for the anouncement for preregistration on bsg's site. it will be open to all the normal classes. there is room at the club grounds for campers. if you plan on comming, the wausau/ stevens point/ mosinee/ merrill area has many motels, but reserve one early, because they fill up fast during for the games.

hope to see you there!!!

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Hey, congrats on getting this going up in your neck of the woods. One word of advice, probably repetitious, but make sure your own club advertises the heck out of the shoot, including distribution of entry forms, website address, etc. Don't rely solely on BSG - they don't advertise anything and, imo, pretty much don't give a hoot for those not having access to a computer. The actual, physical, hard copy BSG entry forms are very difficult to come by to the general public unless you've shot the Games in the past. Get the word out early and often to all the local clubs and shops and you should be fine.

Good luck.............:)

>>--------->

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CHPRO,
thanks for the advice. we do plan on advertising the heck out of it. that's something the club has to start doing for all of our shoots. over the past few years the club has gotten a bit complacant about getting people to the shoots and we have suffered because of it. there is pretty much a whole new bunch of people in charge now and everyone is a bit more aggressive about making the club a little more known locally. i will forward you wisdom to the board of directors at the next meeting!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Camping in February in Wisco :eek: :p

So what's the actual round we'd be shooting? Is it a 2 day format like summer games? Or do you just shoot 1 day of spots? What's an animal/brush round?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mau, i think tent camping would be good for you in Wis in February. Builds character.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey mau,
just a regular 5-spot round. shoot one round on saturday for all the marbles. line times will be announced. there are 16 lanes. sunday will be an entirely separate shoot. the animal round/ brush shoot will be paper animal targets on the indoor bales at distances from 3 to 20 yards. 16 targets, four arrows each. there will be two animals on the real short ranges for each target, like a rabbit and a squirrel at 3 yds.,two arrows in each animal and that pair will be scored as one target. it's easier on the arrows. the range will be filled with brush and pine /cedar boughs to make the shots a little more fun.

i just thought i'd mention the camper thing, ya' never know:D
please spread the word in your neck of the woods.....thanks.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Nice :cool: Sounds good...Especially the week before State Indoors ;) Should be there Saturday...Maybe have to make some turns at Granite Peak afterwards :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Where is the actual shoot at? What city or range, I am a student at Point and would be interested in checking this shoot out. What kinds of classes are there and how are they broke down. Is this a 300 round 5-spot or is it Vegas style 3 spot? Sounds like a fun weekend.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Tournament has been hosted in the past, and I expect it'll continue to be hosted in '06, by the Rib Mountain Bowmen at their indoor range. Northern side of Wausau, Brokaw exit/address comes to mind but my geography of the area has faded a bit over time. One of those things where I know the exit when I see it, but don't remember the number or name for sure and I don't get past that area all that often, lol :D!

Classes are pretty similar to NFAA-style, at least for the target round, I believe. 5-spot or single spot blue/white I believe as well - though haven't shot there so again, cannot say with 100% certainty.

Couple of Rib archers pop in and out of AT so just trying to help you keep this towards the top so they can get you a more accurate answer. :)

>>----->

1 - 11 of 11 Posts