Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I was wondering what experience everybody has had with either the Badlands 2200 or Hypervent. I'm currently looking at both packs and have read the 'specs' on each pack and cannot tell which I would prefer. I am familiar with the 2200 and am unsure whether the Hypervent would have the same carrying capability as the 2200. Instead of strapping a bow to the pack, I'm wanting to strap a treestand and sticks...

Please let me know...

Thanks,

Nick

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts

I've got one. Have no experience with the Hypervent.

I'm totally pleased with my pack. The design of this unit is very well thought out, its obvious that someone who uses a pack had input on it. The construction is the best I have ever seen on an pack system. And the unit is ultralight considering the features and construction, comfortable as all get out too.

The unit I have has a sufficient capacity for anything I could ever think of wanting to have on my back.

I'm a bit of a pack junkie, have at least 8 of them around. The Badlands is by far the most comfortable, most versitile, and most efficient of any of them.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Another 2200 Vote here...

The Meat shelf, and batwings would be well suited to your needs for the treestand.

Grey Eagle expressed himself well, and I can only second his reasoning.

Oh and to keep this in the General forum,

It is well suited to use at 3-d shoots. You could carry your stool and umbrella easily, as well as rain gear, and snacks for your group mates.

I got mine from Nevada on AT here!

Some pics of it in use:
Meat shelf deployed

fully loaded for a weekend.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

I don't have any experience with the Hypervent. But I do own the 2200. I love the pack, I use it as a normal pack and it is very comfortable. I enjoy the meat shelf as well. You do not need a separate pack for meat, you already have built in with the 2200. I have been very impressed with Badlands. I don't know how much weight the 2200 will carry, but last month I used it on a Caribou hunt and it carried all the weight I wanted to carry back to the boat. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I was also in a toss up between both packs.I tried both packs on to see how big they feel. I really wanted the 2200 but it is way too big for the Whitetail hunting that I do around here. I bought the Hypervent and Like it more everytime I use it. Great quality Pack.I dont believe you will be able to strap a tree stand on and climbing sticks also. If you can get it all loaded and strapped on.Then I would have no doubt this pack could handle the carrying load. I cant believe I have hunted this many years without a Badlands Pack.Well worth the money..If you hunt Elk,Get the 2200..

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Not to hijack or anything, but have you considered putting a nice set of straps on the stand and then lashing the sticks and a lightweight little pack to it? For whitetail hunting, I've found that this setup works better than carrying in a large or even midsize pack in just to sit in a treestand all day. Currently, I carry my sticks and Lone Wolf stand on my back with a MOLLE rig and have my bow and all the other goodies in a Bowbat. VERY efficient setup.

The MOLLE system basically turns your lockon into a pack frame.:wink:

-ZA

Check it out below...

Hi all! I was wondering what experience everybody has had with either the Badlands 2200 or Hypervent. I'm currently looking at both packs and have read the 'specs' on each pack and cannot tell which I would prefer. I am familiar with the 2200 and am unsure whether the Hypervent would have the same carrying capability as the 2200. Instead of strapping a bow to the pack, I'm wanting to strap a treestand and sticks...

Please let me know...

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I went thru the same thing and ended up buyin the 2200 and the superday. For me I did nbot like the access with the 2200. I am used to lots of pockets and putting little things here and there. I found the side pockets just to tight to get things in and flaps just seemed to get in the way. I ended up returning it and keeping the superday which was better suited to mystyle hunting. I really think packs are an individual thing. Construction on badlands is second to none and you will not be disappointed.

·
Aim Small-Miss Small
2,828 Posts
I just got a hypervent in today, I was kinda worried about it cause every one said it probably would not fit a treestand hunters needs. After looking it over I think I am going to very pleased with Hypervent. The inside is a little smaller than I thought but larger enough for extra clothes, I guess if you got in a bind the hour glass frame could be removed. The four side pockets will hold all my goodies: gloves, headnet, gps, and other small items.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts