Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a Trophy Taker sl on my Sentinel, and sometimes I hit where im aiming, and the next shot ends up low in the target or in the dirt. Now I know it isn't me, I have good form, so I'm thinking its the rest. It's installed correctly, so what could it be?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is the rest getting pulled all the way up. I noticed on mine, it would stick every once in a while not allowing the rest to fully come up. I played around with it and fixed the problem.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the rest getting pulled all the way up. I noticed on mine, it would stick every once in a while not allowing the rest to fully come up. I played around with it and fixed the problem.
Thanks for the reply. I'll double check that.:)

·
wannabtradguy
15,320 Posts
also try a different rest. if it does it then it might not be the rest.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also try a different rest. if it does it then it might not be the rest.
I had a Hostage Pro on there and the bow shot fine, but I don't care how the bristles wear on that rest. I just bought a Limbdirver, so hopefully that will work out better for me.:shade:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
did you use the plasic clamp that came with it or is it in the cable??

The clamp has a tendency to slide and if that happends it wont come up all the way making you shoot low.

if it is in the cable try serving it above and below so you know it wont walk up and down the cable.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you use the plasic clamp that came with it or is it in the cable??

The clamp has a tendency to slide and if that happends it wont come up all the way making you shoot low.

if it is in the cable try serving it above and below so you know it wont walk up and down the cable.
Yep, served both top and bottom.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Check to make sure that the launcher isn't sticking, sometimes they will get stuck in the up or get hard to move down. I needed to add a drop of lube to mine.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Check the allen head bolt that holds the launcher on the rest...On the TT rests if that bolt is really cranked down hard it can cause the launcher to stick. I'm not real familiar with the SL series of rests but on the more expensive TT rests that allen head bolt has a lock nut on the back side of it that it threads into. If the rest is setup correctly and your cord isnt slipping on your cable "just because it's served doesnt mean it cant slip, serving can be loose" that's the only thing it could be. TrophyTaker makes a great rest, I shot them for alot of years and they are pretty much bullet proof as long as they are setup right and that bolt isnt to tight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts