Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I vaguely recall someone here making replacement bag target covers for worn out bag targets.
The outer cover of mine just took a dump on me, but the innards have lots of life left in them.
I searched for it, but couldnt find it.
Anyone know what im talking about?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I have bought empty bags through ebay for cheap.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
What are guys using that DIY everything, bag,filling complete?

·
Go Bucks
2,215 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Just go to the feed store and get a burlap or plastic feed sack. I've been using them for years and they work great. I fill mine with used shrink wrap.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
if anyone goes to the eastern sports and outdoors show in harrisburg p.a the thirdhand guy is there every year selling his stuff maybe pick a couple up and save yourself the shippping

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Just finished shredding the center out of my thirdhand target cover. They're nice and big and the material is stronger than most bag targets.

But that makes them pretty loud when an arrow hits them, at least until you've shot a lot and softened it up.

If you shoot at all the dots on it, it would last a long time. But I shoot a lot at 60 & 70 yds, so pretty much use just the center. Mine lasted maybe 4 - 6 months. http://www.thirdhandarchery.com/products.asp $25 plus shipping.

I've been looking for a cheaper one though. Might see if I can find a feed sack that size.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i used animal feed bags from the feed store ...for $1 for that and nothing for the carpet padding i trashpick..its the best cheap target out there....still working on the same bag from november

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I don't know how to post a thread link but search my post I have them for sale in the classifieds $15 shipped.

Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Made mine out of feed bags from a local feed store. Painted some circles and good to go. Got some Styrofoam from a local tractor supply store for free and boom, shoot area, lol.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Are the bags free? Do you just go in and ask for some?

I have a full size deer I made out of those Tractor Supply foam blocks. Couple of things I don't like about that foam though is that it leaves white bits on the ground when you shoot it. I eliminated some of that by painting it. The other thing is that it's real noisy to pull arrows out of. They shriek as they're pulled out. I don't shoot it a lot for those reasons but it's nice to have, to get into the deer shooting mind set.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Another thing you can pick up at feed stores, coops, seed stores, local farmers are bulk/tote bags. They come in different sizes. Stuff them with shrink wrap from these places. Large shooting area and can shoot at them from all four sides.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts