Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which bag target is better, the Morrell Yellowjacket or on the Super Duper bag targets? I had a Humungo target, but after 2 years it's shot. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore, so I'm looking for a good field point target. Any ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
18,954 Posts
The Outdoor range looks to be a nice target. Just picked one up a few weeks back at Cabelas. I have shot it in the basement a few times thus far. The Yellow Jacket was nice as well, but seems like this Outdoor Range may be a little more durable by looking at it. If we get some nice weather one of these days one may be able to find out.:sad:

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
I have the Morrell Super Duper , it is a great target .

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Yellow Jacket and I would not purchase it again. The center ring of the target has the bee logo and in low light the center is very hard to see. I'm already putting target arrows thru it and it's only been shot at about 200 times. I was told to take it down and stomp on it to bring back the loft. I think that next time I will buy the Cabelas bag target. Incidentally, I bought a McKenzie Turkey target and have a very hard time removing arrows if I don't treat them with "Pam" cooking spray. Broadheads come out ok because of the larger than shaft entry.

·
In the begining God......
3,728 Posts
I have the Morrell Super Duper , it is a great target .
I just put a new cover on mine. Skinned up my knuckles doing it. Probably the better way to do it is by turning the new cover indide out, and then rolling ti on the old target. Came up with that idea afterward. "Here's your sign". Anyway, it is like new now, and stopping arrows as good as ever.

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
Get a Morelle Out Door Range for $100 I am on my 2nd yr with it and still is AWSOME. I have mine outside 365 days a yr in all weather I just cover it wiith a tarp when not in use!

·
Registered
633 Posts
targets

I have 3 yellow jackets targets,2 bags 1 foam. The bag lacks a little stamina and the bee does affect vision but the broadhead target seems twice as nice as my Block. For 40$ local I cant find a better deal on a bag so I'll shoot them till they fall apart.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Which bag target is better, the Morrell Yellowjacket or on the Super Duper bag targets? I had a Humungo target, but after 2 years it's shot. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore, so I'm looking for a good field point target. Any ideas are appreciated.
How in the world did you get a Humungo to last that long? Field points I guess. I have an Outdoor Range that is just over a year old that I must stomp down every month or so, but I am pleased with how well it has held up. I have a yellow jacket that I use to shoot behind my paper rack. I have stuffed it with extra bed sheets and comforters, but still get an occasional pass through. The yellow jacket is meant to be a travel target like you would take to deer camp and will not hold up to daily shooting.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have had a Morrel Outdoor range bag (weighs about 50lbs) for 2 weeks now and it works great with field points and it is big enough that I don't have to search for many arrows that my six year-old sends around it.

I just build a 1.5 inch PVC Pipe frame (copied the design from another ATer post of a smaller target). I'll post pics when the PVC pipe cement dries and I can figure out why iPhoto won't let me upload any more pics:mad:

I also bought a Morrel target designed just for broadheads that I will use when I am sighting in and deciding which broadheas to use (100gr Muzzy MX-3 vs. G5 Striker vs. G5 Montec).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.