Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September issue of Bow and Arrow Hunting magazine page 10.

I find it amusing that some of the same archers who condemn deer baiting do not hesitate to shoot black bear with a doughnut in its mouth, or a deer with its nose buried in a sex bait like doe in heat urine.

Baiting deer is an emotion charged issue in some places and a non-issue in others. Texas and New Brunswick, Canada routinely allow the baiting of whitetails with corn carrotts and, other tasty foods. In these places the practice is accepted. But hold onto your hats if you talk to some bowhunters from non-baiting states or providences. This practice might as well be baby rape or incest. There is no question that baiting can make deer hunting easier. So can using a tree stand, looking through binoculars, or laser range finders, or griping the string with a release. The question is where do you draw your personal hunting line. I prefer not to bait any animal. I've been there done that and I like a greater challenge. However I support anyone who likes to bait deer, bear or any other species. If it's legal where you hunt, more power to you![/b]
Amen, Chuck!!

Apparently, there are more of his ideas on high fence hunting, longer range shooting, let off percentage, (predicts pope & young to go extent if changes are not made) and mechanical broadheads.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Even though it is illegal in my state (Indiana). I still use bait, farmer Browns 20 acres of corn , 12 acres clover and 27 acres of beans. Then I put a big splash of buck urine out to steer them to my end of field.

:)
Bobby

Baiting, Dog Chasing, High fences have been time honored traditions for years.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Chuck Adams is a bowhunting JOKE! He has done more harm to this sport than anyone else I can think of. His hunting tactics and ethics are extremely questionable. My favorite Chuck story is that he says he pays for his own hunting...........MY ASS! The owner of my local shop was at a sports show with an Easton rep. and said that they have given Chucky at least $80,000 towards his hunting trips. I have more proof if you want it!?
I avoid Chucky like the plague.....that should ruffle a few of your feathers!!
Elk Country

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Elk Country said:
Chuck Adams is a bowhunting JOKE! He has done more harm to this sport than anyone else I can think of. His hunting tactics and ethics are extremely questionable.
And you, almighty cannibal, are worthy to judge. While you're at it, eat me, too.

My favorite Chuck story is that he says he pays for his own hunting...........MY ASS! The owner of my local shop was at a sports show with an Easton rep. and said that they have given Chucky at least $80,000 towards his hunting trips. I have more proof if you want it!?
So? Who gives a ****? Ya jealous? Sure sounds like it.

I avoid Chucky like the plague.....that should ruffle a few of your feathers!!
Elk Country
No ruffled feathers here. I don't care who you choose to avoid, as long as you avoid my campfire.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Baiting, sitting up high in a stand (ambush), hiding behind brush on the ground (ambush), shooting high speed, sighted bows, come on guys. Some guys that would condemn using feeders don't think twice about setting up stand next to Farmer Brown's cornfield in Iowa. Until you've hunted in every area of this great country, don't condemn what's legal and necessary in some areas.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
My brothers friends bow shops owner went to a show and talked to a guy who was at the Easton booth and talked to a guy who had a beer with the guy manning the booth. He told me that you shouldn't start rumors just because it offends you that someone posted something that you don't agree on.

No-one really cares who you like or don't like. Keep it to yourself.

Fighting on here is detrimental to the sport of archery. As long as the pursuit of game you are after is legal where you are, more power to you.

'Nuf said.

Jon

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Elk country---I pose a question for you--so if a hunter has someone else pay for his hunting trip then his methods are quesionable? does that make him an unethical hunter then?
Hey I want some of that!!Anyone want to pay for my hunting trips? I can't hardly wait to be unethical and have my means questioned. The real genius as they say is the guy who figured out how to hunt and GET PAID FOR IT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Kildog,
No it doesn't make him unethical, but demanding an outfitter use another hunters tag because the animal he shot isn't big enough for the record book is unethical.
Johnnybow,
Chucky has done more to harm the good sport of bowhunting than a little disagreement on this forum, trust me! The unfortunate part is that he won't go away.
Elk Country

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
EC-was you there or it that hearsay on your part. I have been with somone when something was said or done, then when I hear the story from someone who was not there it was nowhere near close to what happened. Have you not ever swapped tags in camp before? The Truth!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Elk Country said:
Kildog,
No it doesn't make him unethical, but demanding an outfitter use another hunters tag because the animal he shot isn't big enough for the record book is unethical.
Johnnybow,
Chucky has done more to harm the good sport of bowhunting than a little disagreement on this forum, trust me! The unfortunate part is that he won't go away.
Elk Country
Do you have written or documented proof of this? Not rumor or “he said” “he said” that he said?
I really don’t care whom you like or dislike, but to make broad sweeping statements about a person, even one who is considered fair game by some, because of their public exposure is bordering on libel.
Just my opinion, like or dislike whom you choose, just be careful of the statements you make about someone else. If you were not there to witness this discretion in person, or have irrefutable proof it is best to keep your derogatory comments to a less public venue.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I won't really comment because the dogs are loose and they will say everything I am thinking. Good luck Elk Country, I hope those underwear don't smell like dog bones.

You are about to find out the hard way that this site weeds out the people who speak without credible evidence. Sorry Elk Country.

Jon

·
Registered
52 Posts
Kildog,
Never swapped tags and infact no longer hunt with a guy for trying to! Belive it or not!

No, I don't have written proof! However, my local pro shop owner is a well respected member of the bowhunting community and has been in the business over 30 years. He knows most if not all of the insiders in the archery community and has even hunted around the country with a few of them. He is as credible as they come and has no reason to make up any stories, that's all the proof I need.
I guess some people get defensive when they find out their hero isn't all he's cracked up to be!! Sorry, I didn't mean to rain on your parade.
EC

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
anyone who bow hunts is my hero so you can't rain on my parade, I'm like Javi--just don't like folks spreading gossip, and I have been in pro shops enough to know that what is spoken inside those hallowed walls in not the gospel.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Elk Country said:
Kildog,
Never swapped tags and infact no longer hunt with a guy for trying to! Belive it or not!

No, I don't have written proof! However, my local pro shop owner is a well respected member of the bowhunting community and has been in the business over 30 years. He knows most if not all of the insiders in the archery community and has even hunted around the country with a few of them. He is as credible as they come and has no reason to make up any stories, that's all the proof I need.
I guess some people get defensive when they find out their hero isn't all he's cracked up to be!! Sorry, I didn't mean to rain on your parade.
EC
Chuck Adams is not a hero figure to me. To be as honest as is humanly possible, I really don’t have a true hero figure. I respect many past and present individuals for a variety of reasons. Chuck Adams falls into that category if for no other reason than his ability as a hunter.
It is certainly your right to “take the word” of a well-respected person that you are acquainted with as the gospel. However, I must repeat my earlier advice, without irrefutable evidence it is best to confine such comments to a less public venue.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Chuck Adams is certainly not MY hero nor do I even like him, that is not the issue here. The issue is that YOU are passing on statements that you don't have credible backing to pass on.
People here are pretty smart and would certainly listen to anything you might have to say if the FACTS came from the first person.
If you read my first post, it was a satire...ie, picking on what you said. Factual statements dont come third or even second hand. An Easton rep knows about as much about corporate money spent as I do on military intelligence. Just because someone is working for a company doesn't mean he is all knowing about the dealings of the company. Maybe he does know but most likely, he heard it from someone else who heard it from the guy at the water cooler and is passing it as fact.

Mechanical broadheads out perform fixed heads because I saw an ad on "Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country"

fact? you decide.
I didn't deface someone's character with that statement. You did with yours.

Jon

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Joke

EC-

Chuckie ain't my hero but lets see these stories are at least 3rd hand and they are gospel to you, hmmm, need some lake front property in New Mexico, I have some I'll sell real cheap, say $50k.

I will give you credit though, filling out your profile with a name and everything then bringing this stuff up, takes some cajones.

I remember something about the ATA/AMO show and information coming back that was 3rd and it wasn't even close, speed contest sound familiar.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts