Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Never heard of them....where are they out of and who makes them??

·
Registered
113 Posts
Russellville

I think, I live in Florence about 30 minutes away. Apparently they do not want local contact. I have a long bow made by a maker in Russellville that I got many years ago. It is my favorite bow and I would like to talk to the person who made about possibly a new bow. I email several times and never got a response back.

Dwight

·
Registered
501 Posts
I own a Bamabow. I'm going to be getting a second, heavier Bamabow for Christmas. I personally love the bow that was made for me. Mine has a smooth draw and very little hand shock. Shoots great. Obviously I really like it because I'm getting a 2nd one. My experience with them has always been great. Nathanael has always been extremely nice and responsive to my emails. There are others here on AT that own a bamabow and they've mentioned an equally great experience.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Flordia wildlife should be cautions of anything associated with Alabama :mg:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I recently bought my first longbow. After searching here at AT, I found some very positive feedback for BamaBows. Those people failed at conveying just how great an experience it is to deal with Nathaniel. They all said he was great to deal with, but I failed to realize just how positive an experience it would be.

Nathaniel built a bow for a newbie, that most folks wouldn't sell to the village idiot (me). I didn't know what I wanted. I thought I needed a heavy draw on the bow, and I was wrong. I'm not your average bow shooter. I was a powerlifter before I started competing in kickboxing and mma. I thought I would go with something safe, so I went with a 70# bow.

He had to order the bamboo for the limbs, and he still had the bow in my hands in two weeks. The bow feels amazing. I am loving traditional archery. I only wish I had started off with a slightly lighter bow to learn (and so my buddies could shoot it too). One guy at the local archery store can shoot it, but he's a young beast.

I didn't understand that even though it would be 70#, it would be easy to draw and smooth to shoot. It is an absolute blast. I just walked in the house from shooting it 96 shots in 20-30 minutes. My 6 year old held arrows for me and helped.

Other traditional archers in my area have remarked at how nice the bow looked. One guy that shoots a 45# Black Widow shot my BamaBow and said he wished it had a lighter draw so he could really have fun with it. He spoke highly of it.

I don't have much to compare it to, but I'll call Nathaniel next time I want to buy a different bow. I think I have sold two more for him. Two of the folks that shot the bow got his contact info from me so they could get one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts