Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told my brother in law this and had him going for awhile... He even Googled it! LOL

I'm a fan of low capacity myself. I don't know why people get 5-7 arrow quivers unless you are on a multiple game hunt far away from camp. If you have the mindset of "What if I miss 2-3 times" you already set yourself up for failure.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
I carry 5. Rather have more than enough. I always have the mindset I only need one but its good to have more incase.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I carry 3 arrow and that is it. When I hunted traditionally I would carry 6, but that is a different game.

·
Never Forget
1,782 Posts
I carry a 6 arrow. My mind-set is, the more ammo the better. A couple of my arrows are for coyotes and other varmints.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not bashing people that carry 5-7. It's just not for me.

·
Never Forget
1,782 Posts
Right on. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
To me carrying less than 5 is foolish. I have killed 2 deer on a sit, plus yotes and turkey running all over the place. I would rather have them and not need them, than need them and not have them, but that's just me.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
4 broadheads, 1 (judo), 1 blunt, 1 for zombie. LOL

I carried 6-7 for years, now I only carry 5. 4 with bh, and a blunt! I carry one extra bh, and a field tip in my pack with 1 set extra blades. Most shots on a single hunt was 2.
not counting stumps, etc...

If pack hunting I would never carry less than 5 in a quiver. Too many what ifs, to happen and not end up with any arrows. 1 fall the wrong way is all it takes for an arrow to bet broken or bent. Been there done that. I bent all 5 quivered alum xx75's one time from slipping on some slick rocks and went down, hittng quiver on a branch /log and bent em all!

·
Registered
19,056 Posts
When out west I have 8, it is a long way back to camp for more!!!

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Here in the east we can shoot unlimited does and 4 bucks.So it isn't uncommon to smack 3-4 in one sitting..Plus hogs so in reality 6-7 might not be enough.Just depending how much freezer space is available....LOL

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm deprived. I don't have access to large area hunting land and plentiful/multiple variety game :crybaby2:
Guess I would carry more if I had more options. Want to get out of Illinois.

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
bows with a turkey hanging on it!
chuck adams with a dz or the nuge with a zebra skin on the side.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I only need a one arrow quiver.I never see any bucks worth shooting anyway.

·
Reverend
6,940 Posts
You may not believe this but back in the 80's some guys that hunted goats and pigs on Catalina Island off the Southern Cal. coast, would rig two 8 arrow quivers on their bows. That's right 16 arrows! Talk about high capacity! In those days the shooting was fast and furious, and it wouldn't be uncommon to come back having shot quite a few arrows.

I think those high cap double quivers are banned now... LOL.

·
Threading The Needle
2,679 Posts
Well I HAD a 3 arrow quiver this year and missed a doe shot a buck then shot a **** then I climbed down got an arrow and shot a doe. I wish I had a 5 arrow quiver

1 - 20 of 65 Posts