Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to visit AT at work on my spare time. They filtered it now for "weapons". It seems like anything with archery is filtered. Anyone else know of any good sites to visit? I don't want to have to resort to doing busy work when I'm not fixing things.

· Registered
2,592 Posts
3dshoots.com

They banned AT from me at work to. :mad:

· Registered
19,079 Posts
How dare they? They ban me from here and I will be looking for another job!!!:darkbeer:

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Are you really at work John, or on your hand held heading out to the woods!!!:embara:

Being banned from AT at work is one of my worst nightmares! :eek:

Lien2

· Registered
3,181 Posts
Common sense was killed, execution style. Afterward, the body was dismembered and the parts hidden. "They" did it. That nebulous other we always hear about, "They". Common Sense is like that absurd idea that individuals should be held accountable for their actions. Crazy talk. "It takes a village" afterall you know. One person breaks the rules, everyone else but them pays the price! It's the government's fault I built my home in a hurricane prone area, below sea level and then decided not to evacuate after given ample warning. "They" are keeping me from getting a job paying 100k a year, not the fact that I quite high school and have no marketable skills. We charge 5 year olds with sexual harassment when they kiss a classmate, but worry about whether a confessed child molester/murderer was correctly read his rights before confessing and leading the police to the body. Does anyone see the problem there? Anyone else tired of fiscal and social underachievers problems being your fault?

Thanks for the rant!

· Registered
3 Posts
Sad but true

Common sense was killed, execution style. Afterward, the body was dismembered and the parts hidden. "They" did it. That nebulous other we always hear about, "They". Common Sense is like that absurd idea that individuals should be held accountable for their actions. Crazy talk. "It takes a village" afterall you know. One person breaks the rules, everyone else but them pays the price! It's the government's fault I built my home in a hurricane prone area, below sea level and then decided not to evacuate after given ample warning. "They" are keeping me from getting a job paying 100k a year, not the fact that I quite high school and have no marketable skills. We charge 5 year olds with sexual harassment when they kiss a classmate, but worry about whether a confessed child molester/murderer was correctly read his rights before confessing and leading the police to the body. Does anyone see the problem there? Anyone else tired of fiscal and social underachievers problems being your fault?

This is my first post since I have been “lurking” through these forums now unregistered for a few weeks. All I can say is how true and very well said!! I would like to say I see things turning around in this country, but I doubt it.

· Registered
3,181 Posts
Common sense was killed, execution style.* Afterward, the body was dismembered and the parts hidden.* "They" did it.* That nebulous other we always hear about, "They".* Common Sense is like that absurd idea that individuals should be held accountable for their actions.* Crazy talk.* "It takes a village" afterall you know.* One person breaks the rules, everyone else but them pays the price!* It's the government's fault I built my home in a hurricane prone area, below sea level and then decided not to evacuate after given ample warning.* "They" are keeping me from getting a job paying 100k a year, not the fact that I quite high school and have no marketable skills.* We charge 5 year olds with sexual harassment when they kiss a classmate, but worry about whether a confessed child molester/murderer was correctly read his rights before confessing and leading the police to the body.* Does anyone see the problem there?** Anyone else tired of fiscal and social underachievers problems being your fault? This is my first post since I have been “lurking” through these forums now unregistered for a few weeks. All I can say is how true and very well said!! I would like to say I see things turning around in this country, but I doubt it.
HOp3fu77Hunt3r welcome aboard!* Rough day at the office and had to vent.* Hope it doesn't scare you off.* Lots of good info here.

· Registered
2,754 Posts
If you know someone in IT they may be able to hook you up. Most likely they installed a package and weapons is one of the filters. The website reports itself in order to comply with standards so it automatically gets blocked. You can put exceptions in the list and it will let it through.

Banning you from AT might not have been their goal. It's not uncommon to have to fine tune things a little. If you ask around they'll probably tell you why it was done and you'll know whether or not to ask. Tell then you want to visit AT at lunch time and while on breaks. Most of the IT folks are a little geeky but they are nice people. They just get off on technology they way you and I go about bow hunting and such. ;) (joke but I've worked with a few that made you wonder)

Very rarely will you find a IT person that hunts, fishes, or enjoys archery. It's like a 1 in a million find and those folks all work to AT. ;) (Joke)

· Registered
2,323 Posts
You fellows may want to try Http://vtunnel.com :wink:

I'm not exactly sure if it works in your situation or not! Good luck..

· Registered
4,544 Posts
This has got to be an issue that got changed on AT. I had been able to access AT and the Elite forum and now just AT is blocked Elite comes up fine. Same thing it says "weapons". Should be able to do something with the header data.

AT IT please change it back.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.