Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was banned from huntingpa.com because I was posting on there about the deer bounty. I would put it up and they would take it down twice. They said it was advertising. I was just making others aware of this claim that I had seen here. I then told the moderator that they must be communists and not believe in freedom of speech. Last time I checked this is America and if I, a hunter am informing my fellow hunter about this subject I feel that I am doing them a service but to ban me because of that is ridiculous. I'm glad we have Archerytalk to help other hunters and spread the word about new things out there. Archerytalk please don't change so we can have a place to express ourselves like Americans.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
their rules . really why would they let you advertise someones else product when they can charge them for advertising.
that's the American way ! even if your intentions were good their board.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
what are you talking about? "deer bounty"? what is it?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Quiker picker upper of Big Bucks!!

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Freedom of speech is not inherent on any privately owned site.
Read through the "terms of service" on any forums when you sign up.;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Freedom of speech does not mean that you dont have some constraint at times
For example you cant yell fire in a crowded building
You cant cuss on the Airwaves
You can't talk in a coutroom when the judge is talking
and You can't advertise on a board without permission of the boards owner.
and yes the bounty is an advertising gimmick

We have gotten spoiled on this board. The rules are relatively easy and the moderators allow us a lot of free way

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Freedom of speech is not inherent on any privately owned site.
Read through the "terms of service" on any forums when you sign up.;)
Exactly. Many sites do not allow links, etc to commercial sites or other forums. It is considered advertising. If they warned you not to do it and you kept it up, why are you surprised they banned you? I am a moderator at another hunting site and I would have banned you too.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Freedom of Speech

The first amendment prevents the government from banning expression...but not entirely. This amendment has nothing to do with any restrictions on speech other than government controlled speech. So your boss can regulate your speech, as can web sites, businesses, etc.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
im hitting post 1000 right here and am being looked at to be banned from this very site for no apparent reason..anywaysssssssssss:darkbeer:

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
im hitting post 1000 right here and am being looked at to be banned from this very site for no apparent reason..anywaysssssssssss:darkbeer:
Ahhh...no. The reasons are pretty apparent.;)

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
thanks mature

·
Registered
556 Posts
Don't need a reason....

See, that's the point, there doesn't have to be a reason. You can be kicked out of the club just because they don't like your looks, your tie, your laugh, or "just because. This is a private club. They (whoever they is) can pick and choose.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts