Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
PSE Stealth Mach 1, Elite Remedy
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost a fletching today so I peeled off the other two. Down the rabbit hole I go. I do not own a bow press so yokes and shims will require a trip to the bow shop. Not a huge deal but neither shop I go to are too cool about bare shafts. Especially in the thick of the opening days of the season. I grew up shooting recurves and would get proper flight before fletching an arrow. Here‘s what I’m shooting:
Left Handed Mach 1 54# @ 30”
Gen 7 Rest
Gold Tip Force FOC 340’s cut just over 30”
50 grain aluminum inserts / 125 tip
I eyeballed the center shot down the limb bolts
Here‘s a couple pics of my current situation:
World Wood Rectangle Wall Art
Wood Rectangle Art Gas Creative arts

I also have Victory TKO 350’s, 400’s, and Easton 6.5’s in 400. I have a bare and fletched of each at the ready if they could be helpful. Here’s what the Easton 6.5 400’s are doing:
Wood Branch Twig Wall Plant

Fletched hitting right of where I’m aiming. I’d rather be shooting the God Tip 340’s if possible. Any insight greatly appreciated.

·
Miller Time
3,703 Posts
You didn’t say at what distance they were shot, but I would suggest 10 yrds then 20.
Everything will be backwards because you are backwards handed ;)
Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Screenshot

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Number

Reactions: bigbucks170

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
At what distance are you shooting? If this is at 10yds or closer, you are looking at shimming the cams. If this is 20yds, a rest adjustment would get rid of this. I assume this is a hunting rig. So, if I were you, I would put a broadhead on and shoot it and tune for it. Either way you are fairly close.

·
Registered
Mathews TRX 34, Athens Vista 31
5,159 Posts
Did you “nock tune” your bare shaft?

Easy to do. Shooting bare shaft only, turn the nock a quarter turn after each shot to see which position gives you the “straightest” orientation. Mark the bare shard so you shoot it the same way every time.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Before doing anything radical to your bow, try increasing your bow poundage and see if the gap decreases and the bareshaft straightens out. It’s any easy test and you can always put it right back to normal.

You might be dealing with a spine too stiff issue. I see that you kept the arrows long and added a ton up front in the tip, but that doesn’t always equate to a straight shooting arrow if it’s too stiff.

If you are stuck with the 54# limb poundage, then rest, cam lean, and yoke twisting might solve your problem.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
PSE Stealth Mach 1, Elite Remedy
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, thanks to everyone for the help. Bumping the rest left about an 1/8“ did the trick. Straightened the bare shaft right up. I ended up going back to 100 grain tips as they seemed to behave more consistently. I‘m trying 100 grain Sevrs this year anyway. I also removed some side bar weight as that seemed to exaggerate my nock right issue. I posted a pic as I closed in on what I felt was good enough. I made minor tweaks until I could hit a nickel sized red dot with fletched or bare while maintaining a straight entry with the bare. I shot more arrows today than I’ve ever shot in one day. I know now that I can never accept any less. I’m going to check at 20 yards in the coming days. Thanks again.

Boat Watercraft Naval architecture Wood Vehicle

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts