I am getting a point right tail left bare shaft at 20 yards

Since there is no cables to twist on.

Do you move the cams closer to the riser. Or out more

Right hand bow

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would move your rest out away from the riser.

Why. Rest placement should be done with walk back tuning.

Here is what I think should fix it
1. Shim the top and possible bottom cam a little to the left. This would be like adding twist to the left yoke if it had one
2. Play with different arrows
3. Change my grip up a little
4. Play with bow poundage a little

Any other ideas??

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Because it's a lot easier to make a tiny adjustment with your rest first, and then put it back if it doesn't fix the problem, than tearing your bow down and adding shims.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Why walk back tune? When your barshafts are slamming together with fletched at 20 30 yards and have zero transferd nock travel theres no need to walk back tune. Op i would try more thumb pad pressure and a slight clockwise roation in the bow hand. Keep the release hand contact points very light on the face. then post pics of results along with centershot measurement. Would ve willing to bet u will NOT need to shim any cams. As far as rest movements go u will need to go CLOSER to the riser with the rest. Follow the impact position

·
8,290 Posts
before you do anything, how does your broadheads fly in relation to your field points? i think your right on the money with shimming. may be the only way. when i had a binary cam, i know moving my rest did nothing for me as far as getting bareshafts to move

1 - 6 of 6 Posts