Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to do some research on using Torque Flight Compensators on my barebow setup and had two questions.

Book 4 "22.3.6.1. Torque flight compensators fitted as part of the bow are permitted provided that they do not have stabilisers."

1. Are they allowed to be externally mounted to the bow using the stabilizer bushings? I've read that some TFC's are built into the riser and the wording the WA rule book gives seems to infer more on the part of the riser and not externally mounted, but I see external ones are available.

2. Can they be fitted above the grip? Would TFC's be considered weights in this case meaning I wouldn't be allowed to mount them on my top stabilizer bushing?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
That Article was born the od days when Yamaha YTSL I and II had TFC's inside the riser that could not be removed. You ar enot allowed to ADD any TFC to the riser, and in any case nothin on the top part of it.

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Modern interpretations basically allow straight weight attachments to the lower stabilizer bushings or the riser with NO rubber intervention between the metal and the bushing itself.

Above the grip mountings would be questionable. I wouldn’t do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts